Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat farming training  (Read 1071 times)

Nirmal77

• Joined May 2020
Goat farming training
« on: May 09, 2020, 08:49:05 pm »
I am a goat farmer from India. I did meat purpose goat farming because of loss, I changed my purpose of goat farming.

in my state, the concentrate feed cost and dry fodder cost is increasing more and more day by day, so I changed my purpose and shifted from meat to breeding purpose and now I am earning a good income. 

to sustain in goat farming and increase my farm income, I researched a lot on the internet about all goat farming and learn properly and trying to educate a new goat farmer so I launched the training program so upcoming farmers don't do mistake which I did.

Give me the proper suggestion that is my training syllabus is correct or I have to add more topics in it. I am sharing the link below please check and reply.

https://farmingx.in/goat-farming-training/

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Goat farming training
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 06:40:18 pm »
Hi Nirmal, and welcome to the Forum.
Your link made very comprehensive and interesting reading. Just a couple of things I
notice is that you haven't budgeted for veterinary expenses of factored in the costs of any livestock loss,
another subject I dont see is biosecurity otherwise it certainly looks a good course.
How much is theory and how much is practical hands on tuition.
I'm sure other will chip in when they get time .
Good luck .

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: Goat farming training
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 11:37:28 pm »
In most countries when goats or sheep are not well they are simply slaughtered and sold for meat.
I'm the UK it is relatively wet and cold. Not the best climate for goats really. In most places in the world farm is only the farm yard and goats and sheep and cows are taken out every day for grazing. They walk with them in communal meadows or forests and lock them up every night at home. In places where its warm and dry goats walk a lot and dont have hoof and leg problems like they often do in England.
Because they walk everywhere and mix with other flocks every single day - there is not such thing as biosecurity - or often no selective breeding.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS