Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lamb theft - Wiltshire  (Read 2128 times)

Sprig

• Joined Nov 2018
Lamb theft - Wiltshire
« on: March 23, 2020, 10:28:49 pm »
Just a heads up for you all. We live in Wiltshire, between Devizes and Westbury. This afternoon we caught red handed two teenagers trying to steal one of our lambs. They had a holdall with them and fishing line to,  I assume,  garrot the lamb. Luckily my son spotted them in the field chasing lambs. I ran after them and with help from some friends managed to detain them. The police were great and came on blues and twos and the kids have been arrested. While we were waiting for the police there was a black Range Rover sport, with bright chevrons on it, cruising around which we suspected to be connected. Social media has been great this evening and it appears that the car has been known to be acting suspiciously locally recently and is also known to originate from a travellers site near Trowbridge.  The kids will be released under investigation this evening so keep an eye on your lambs and watch out for the car, it is pretty distinctive.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Lamb theft - Wiltshire
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 11:13:34 pm »
Good heads up Sprig

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 01:47:22 am »
I think we all need to be extra careful of our livestock safety, especially of poultry.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Steph Hen

• Joined Jul 2013
  • Angus Scotland.
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 08:03:55 am »
Really important that the catching and police part of this is publicised.
Too often rural crime is reported online but I don't see the outcome and worry this makes criminals think it can be easily got away with or police aren't bothered or response times are slow.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 08:44:06 pm »
Heard on the local news , chickens were stolen in Aberdeenshire.

nicandem

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Berkeley, Glos
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 07:06:18 pm »
as a retired cop, one of the biggest problems is that you turn up somewhere and they say that this is the nth time they have been victims of crime... you check the computer and find they have not reported any of the previous offences..... how do we know to watch an area if we are not told it's going on?
report report report.... the more that is reported, the more chance of patrols being in your area... believe me, as a copper, I wanted to nick thieves sod the paperwork, catching a N'er-do-well was always a good day

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS