Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: They’re off!  (Read 1701 times)

Jonah by nature

• Joined Jun 2019
  • Torquay
They’re off!
« on: March 04, 2020, 05:15:31 am »
Hi, first pigs will be off on Monday. I propose to separate them from the rest in the next couple of days and keep them in one of my stables with some secure outside space. I’ve created a gated entrance to snuggly fit the trailer and will feed them from it in the coming days(only the tailgate and ramp inside to avoid them chewing anything else) . Hopefully this’ll make things easier on the day . Have I done this right ? or have I done my usual .. worry ,worry, and over plan job again.
Don’t take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: They’re off!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 05:52:47 am »
Sounds grand.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 06:33:15 am »
sounds like a great plan. Its awful trying to load them the morning from the field on the morning they are booked in.. Its sad enough saying goodbye to them without the extra stress of rushing to avoid being late!

Jonah by nature

• Joined Jun 2019
  • Torquay
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 09:20:49 am »
Hi, thanks for the reassurance folks. Been a bit stressful organising things, managed to get the trailer I wanted after 5 months of searching. Got let down by the people fitting the new tow bar to my van, luckily a mate stepped in and now all sorted :relief:.Just hope I’ve done well by them.

I have to say pretty much all the answers I’ve needed about everything have been answered by people on the forum and by reading posts on the site so good on you lot! :excited:

Jonah by nature

• Joined Jun 2019
  • Torquay
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 05:55:47 pm »
Hi all,
pigs are with the butcher who seems very happy with them. He even downsized the amount of sausages he was going to do as there was more prime cut meat than expected. Phew :relief: Now beginning to feel all that hard work was worth it!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS