Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Under 5 hectares building limitations?  (Read 9453 times)

cha398493

• Joined Jan 2020
Under 5 hectares building limitations?
« on: January 17, 2020, 07:12:12 pm »
Hi all,

I have a 4 acre plot of agricultural land. So it falls within the 0.4-12 hectares range. I see lots of info saying this limits the building potential, but I can't find out how or sizes.

We have been given approval to build an agricultural building, I just got off the phone from the council. So they will be sending more detail over, but knowing them it won't be for a while...

The lady said the size would depend on how big the land is.

Any ideas the size i'd be allowed?

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
Re: Under 5 hectares building limitations?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 10:23:01 am »
If you can justify the size and need for its use  i have seen people obtain 80x 30 portal buildings
If council refuse you can appeal and put your case to planning inspector.

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 11:42:54 am »
You fall under developments allowed under Class B of the agricultural prior notification rules. Looking at these they do not allow new buildings - that would need planning permission - but do allow modification and extension of existing buildings.

Legislation is here and has details on dimensions etc:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/596/schedule/2/part/6/crossheading/class-b-agricultural-development-on-units-of-less-than-5-hectares/made

cha398493

• Joined Jan 2020
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 01:56:54 am »
Thanks for the comment. The council have said they would give permission for an agricultural building and that the size is dictated by the size of the land. But I was curious what scale people had managed to achieve on smaller sized land as mine is

Hill Top Julian

• Joined Feb 2019
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2020, 09:31:51 am »
I had submit a full planning application with justification for a 45ft x 30ft barn. Similar sized plot of land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS