Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: anyone wanting to take up offer  (Read 2401 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
anyone wanting to take up offer
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:02:13 pm »
just reading the post about the coats for goats and seen the suggestion to get owners to get one order in for all with one
address for discounts.
dont know how the one address would work out, but if it could im interested.
anyone else??
langdon ;) :goat:
Langdon ;)

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: anyone wanting to take up offer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:48:49 am »
I was thinking along the lines of goat clubs - members not far from each other,  perhaps neightbours with goats,
3 coats ordered together for delivery to one address would attract 10% disc.

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »
ah i see, but what about one lovely goat keeper who only has two and loves them very very much ::)
i do live in wales, but since its christmass ( nearly ) cxould you do me a discount???? please
i know this is like cheeky but i dont want it to be.
please consider, im a new goat keeper who want to breed from one of our goats we have had a few set backs since starting as any of
the others on ere will tell you ( in short ) thats all i can say please consider, i will send photos etc of molly and milly and kids in spring.
as you can see im kinda desparate, im not trying to be an arse just trying.
thank you langdon ;) :goat:
Langdon ;)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:14:05 am »
Hi Langdon, can I ask why you are so desperate to buy coats for your goats? I have 12 goats which I assure you are loved every bit as much as your own 2 and have never considered putting anything on them as I know they are well enough looked after and they have access 24/7 to a clean and warm shed if they are cold. I would imagine that in no time at all these coats would be thick with mud, wet and smelly and possiblt ripped to shreds with the climbing the buggers do - so not really my idea of doing the best for the goats. Now, I apologise to the person who is trying to sell them - they are beautiful. However, my goats would not look like the "Model" in the picture for any length of time. If you cannot really afford them with the run of to Christmas ask yourself again if you really need them?

Hope this helps. :)

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 11:47:09 am »
I take the point about muddy etc,  but as these can be washed on a very short cycle , take about half an hour to dry,  the outer shell is designed for use on horse rugs and is rip stop material.  The whole rug is made from man made material - polyester.

My goats forage thro' 8 acres of woodland daily with rugs on and as yet have not had to repair any thro getting caught up.

Everybody's goats are different - my herd that goes out daily is 25 strong - mine don't attack each others rugs.

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:56:04 am »
Langdon,  I have PM you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS