Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Doesn't really matter BUT nice to know where new members are from at 1st post !  (Read 1676 times)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Is it just me that thinks that location would be good etiquette when making 1st post ?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 04:53:42 pm by arobwk »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Oh, it would be *such* a help!!

So often, someone - and this can be at any stage of membership - posts asking for input, without reiterating where they are - and that’s usually very relevant or even crucial information.  So first one brings up their member profile, but often people don’t put the location info there either, so then one brings up the posting history and starts at the beginning, looking for clues... (Or might try looking to see if they’ve posted a topic in Marketplace first, as there’s always a location there.). If all intro posts said “Hi from xxxx”, it could save a lot of trawling, and also mean they get better targeted input!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
You're right SiN; would apply at any stage of membership if posting member has not already offered rough (say County) location details on the forum. 

Of course, some members might not wish to offer their location details for various reason:  I can't/wouldn't argue with that, but there are so many posts that really could do with a reference to the poster's location (roughly).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 06:48:36 pm by arobwk »

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
I like to look back as well, would be nice to know who is local and can give 'local advice when practical.

nin

• Joined Feb 2019
 :wave: I am nicola , I live in Hertfordshire and am looking for a small holding in west wales or there abouts.
I want about 20 acres and some buildings to convert for holiday cottages for an income .
We plan on growing vegetables my big interest is heirloom tomatoes, unusual veg and perennial veg.
We also plan on starting with chickens and pigs and down the road some distance we may expand into goats or Dexter cattle.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
Thanks Nicola

Tyla

• Joined Nov 2019
I've updated my post to include my location, West Sussex

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS