Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Cordless vacuum cleaners  (Read 5439 times)

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Cordless vacuum cleaners
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2019, 08:06:04 am »
If you're up to doing a quick whiz round when visitors arrive unexpectedly (while they are getting out of the car and making their way to the door, having sensed them coming along the road  :eyelashes: :eyelashes: ) then the Morphy Richards £59 jobbie is for you.

Worked perfectly this morning for my sister and husband arriving - expected, but I got distracted.  Did all the necessary areas in the required time  :innocent:
A little more training of guests and they'll bring their own vacuum..... :innocent:
One of my guests brought their own iron.

I made the mistake of looking via google for a cordless vacuum not realising that OH had been looking up cordless tools.  The recommendation came for a makita which I duly bought then realised I did not have a battery.  I went for a battery, realised I needed a charger and came home with a drill.  It was cheaper to buy a drill with two batteries and charger than a single battery and charger.

Meanwhile the thoughtful OH went off and bought me an Aldi one.  So I now have a spare drill and spare vacuum cleaner.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2019, 11:21:33 am »
There's no such thing as a spare drill! Pilot hole, through hole, countersink, screwdriver head - ya needs 4 drills plus spares in case you find another job while at it (well unless it's wood stuff and reissen self driving screws).As for vacuums - you now have the upstairs and downstairs versions as V does or one fro the barn. simples.  :roflanim:

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 01:10:20 pm »
We have 4 drills!  Two Nilfisk industrial vacuum cleaners, one for the bungalow and one in the shed and two cordless both in my craft cabin.

I dare not count up how many socket sets or screwdrivers, we got loads of sets of these when it was buy 5l of oil get a free scredriver set.

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 09:22:03 pm »
We have 4 drills!  Two Nilfisk industrial vacuum cleaners, one for the bungalow and one in the shed and two cordless both in my craft cabin.

I dare not count up how many socket sets or screwdrivers, we got loads of sets of these when it was buy 5l of oil get a free scredriver set.
Ambidexterous combo vacuuming - does the job in half the time. Or tape them together for extra wide floor surfing. Or back to back for push-pull vacuuming. Choices, choices...

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 07:50:48 am »
I have always had Dyson's.  Bought in sales or second hand.   If I bought now I would probably get a shark.  Pet hairs are just not picked up the same by other vacuums.    So much carpet in this house upright plug in is the way to go (and gets left in a corner somewhere not stashed in a cupboard)
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 07:15:59 pm »
After much research & consideration I've firmly decided that paying more for more is better than paying less for less when it comes to cordless vac' cleaners - for my purposes anyway, BUT with vfm still at the fore.  (Thanks for all comments btw.  A friend also gave me access to his 'Which?' account which also helped.)

I've decided on one of two Roidmi models:  whether to wait for Black Friday ? - not sure having found a really good deal already.

My floors, dark corners and car can't wait:  the house & car spider populations might not be so happy.  :)

[Down-side:  Roidmi's dirt collectors are piddling at 0.4 ltr - like a Dyson V6 - BUT that has not put me off because other specs are quite awesome.  Hopefully I will be encouraged to wield the Roidmi frequently enough to make the small dirt capacity not too much of an issue !  :fc: ]

Edit: Stocks of Roidmi F8s (original F8 or F8 Storm) seem quite scarce across the EU right now so I'm not waiting for Black Friday & have placed order today with a UK supplier at the cheapest price (£213) I can find anywhere across the web! 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:30:15 pm by arobwk »

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 08:07:37 pm »
New Roidmi F8 vac' cleaner only arrived today (late - there was a cock-up somewhere). Initial-use assessment is "excellent".

For anyone thinking about a new high-performance cordless stick cleaner, I would suggest you at-least take a look at a Roidmi. 
Newer versions might be called F1E, F1 or F1 Special:  F1E version is, I believe, economy version and might not suck your socks off quite like the F1 upwards!

My F8 is not going to make me actually enjoy vacuum cleaning, but it will certainly see me doing more than hitherto !

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:07:45 pm by arobwk »

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2021, 01:10:48 am »
With China increasingly and aggressively flexing its economic/political/geographic muscles in so many ways/circumstances, I am increasingly trying to avoid buying Chinese manufactured goods - every little helps !
This post is, however, prompted by my father's recent purchase of a Dyson V7 cordless vac'.  Having now used his Dyson (the all lauded brand), I have to say I so so much prefer my Chinese designed/manufactured/branded Roidmi F8 vac' (actually head-on competitor to the Dyson V8 spec's-wise):  the Dyson feels really cheap and very flimsy in comparison.  Watch out (the likes of) Dyson: Chinese products are not just about being cheaper any more ! 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 11:03:36 pm by arobwk »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS