Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wireless Doorbells  (Read 2258 times)

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
Wireless Doorbells
« on: September 25, 2019, 04:18:57 pm »
Has anyone got one or know of one that doesn't ping, bong, buzz or make any God awful noise that will send an epileptic dog flying up the stairs in fright! Gentle melodies necessary!!! Also, if the button can be fastened to a wooden gate, even better as currently 'visitors' bang on front door!

Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Wireless Doorbells
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 06:29:25 pm »
Ours makes one heck of a racket, just what we needed.  Bought at Aldi.  It may play quieter tunes but we were after the noisy one.

Maysie

• Joined Jan 2018
  • Herefordshire/Shropshire Border
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 02:40:51 pm »
Whatever you do, do NOT get a 'Ring Doorbell'. 

Great when it works, the problem is the word 'when' in that statement.  Whatever the problem is, when you call their support line for help, the answer will be either (i) 'its your broadband speed' or (ii) 'your wifi is too weak'. 

By the time the bell rings, the caller has already left about 30% of the time before I am notified, despite very fast broadband speeds and a very slick wifi set up. 

Not fit for purpose. 

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 06:04:17 pm »
Mine does not use the wifi system.  The button has a small battery and the ringer plugs into the mains.  I cannot remember what the claimed range is but 100 meters is in my memory from somewhere.

Maysie

• Joined Jan 2018
  • Herefordshire/Shropshire Border
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 11:08:27 am »
Sorry!.  My reply relates to 'Smart/Video' doorbells, ie those which link to your iPhone etc as well, so way more complicated than a cordless doorbell, which was your question. 

My apologies.   

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 07:48:29 pm »
No need to apologise! I don't like smartphones! I have a Doro flip. Simple life!!
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 07:01:02 pm »
No need to apologise! I don't like smartphones! I have a Doro flip. Simple life!!
Was at Gloucester Uni yesterday when the professor asked us guests to go to a website with our phones.... I asked him if he had any coal for my Doro flip .

Would a gentle piece of music still  get the dog going it it were a recording rather than a harsh pitched electronic generated noise ?

Out mutt is the same.. ,    half sheepdog half goldie , total barking basket case when anyone approaches , goes next door or stops their car , even if he is on a lead in the house .
The whistling in the Hastings Insurance advert  sees him growl , flatten out and bark in the direction of the TV. He goes aggressively loopy without fail if it is Mr  Corbyn or Kier Starmer , so it might be a frequency thing .

Check out this fairly cheap wire free door announcer ..it uses MP3 so you can make the message whatever you like .

eBay item number:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 09:03:29 pm by cloddopper »
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS