Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jacksta sheepturnover crate ? Any good? Anyone used one?  (Read 1406 times)

Mel

• Joined Jan 2019
Jacksta sheepturnover crate ? Any good? Anyone used one?
« on: September 20, 2019, 08:51:21 pm »
As above really looking for an ironworks turnover crate but noticed the above jacksta ones but can’t find anyone who has used one to see what there like in real day life to use
Anyone any experience in them ?
????

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: Jacksta sheepturnover crate ? Any good? Anyone used one?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 11:32:14 am »
Looks ok and similar to ironworks ? depends what you want to do in the crate ? all the crates are heavy and hard to move around unless you add wheels , most are put into a race and stay static .  Had a quick look crates for sale  ebay / gumtree / pre loved / farming ads
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:38:16 am by shep53 »

Mel

• Joined Jan 2019
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 12:07:53 pm »
Thanks ironworks was the one I wanted looks like I just purchased a second hand one picking up tomorrow this was a back up as new delivered was £700 but did not know if it would be any good

Well aware of the difficulties of turnovrcrate usage and most get left in field against hedge????

Unfortunately I am going to have to learn by experience,get ready for for sale add for ironworks sheep turnover crate for sale “little use”????

Appreciate your response????

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 09:06:17 pm »
When I had one I got the local blacksmith to weld on stub axels at the front and bought 2 small plastic wheels so that I could put it off and on a quad trailer

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS