Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Newbie in Angus  (Read 925 times)

RuralDreams

• Joined Sep 2019
Newbie in Angus
« on: September 18, 2019, 11:55:51 pm »
Hi, have been a long time lerker and decided to finally bite the bullet to post. Not really a smallholder but bought my first house and so keen to grow fruit and veg. Hopefully you'll forgive my lack of knowledge and the fact I don't have a smallholding as such. I do enjoy reading everyone's opinions and expertise in all the things I am slowly learning about

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Newbie in Angus
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 11:36:55 pm »
Hi  :wave: . I can't understand why no one has said hello yet. I am another back garden smallholder. I called it my microholding. I grow vegetables, fruit and herbs and used to keep goats in the garden as well (safely fenced so they couldn't get at the growing stuff). Sadly, disability has meant that the goat keeping had to end and, after fifteen years I've found that very hard, but lots of raised beds mean I can still grow stuff/

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 09:40:46 am »
Hello from  :raining: Carnoustie!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 07:22:21 pm »
Hi  :wave: . I can't understand why no one has said hello yet. I am another back garden smallholder. I called it my microholding. I grow vegetables, fruit and herbs and used to keep goats in the garden as well (safely fenced so they couldn't get at the growing stuff). Sadly, disability has meant that the goat keeping had to end and, after fifteen years I've found that very hard, but lots of raised beds mean I can still grow stuff/
But you are a font of knowledge MGoM

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS