Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just joined from South Somerset  (Read 1289 times)

Profile deleted

• Joined Sep 2019
  • Profile deleted
Just joined from South Somerset
« on: September 11, 2019, 01:00:13 pm »
George here.   We have just over two acres with orchard , open paddock, herb and veg allotments and chickens.

We look forward to making friends and even collaborating with others nearby or even further afield

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Just joined from South Somerset
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 10:35:24 pm »
Welcome to the forum [member=196818]George Mason[/member] .   So George, what interesting stuff do you have in your orchard then ?   :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 10:37:18 pm by arobwk »

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 11:53:15 pm »
Hello and welcome George from Scotland  :wave:

My question is, what are you growing in your herb garden?  I started with a new herb bed this summer (high above the level my JR can reach when he cocks his leg  :yuck: ), just basic kitchen herbs: parsley, various thymes and marjorams, bay, winter savory, chives, rosemary, french tarragon and viola flowers for salads.  I haven't used the tarragon at all, and the parsley I've decided I don't really like, having eaten it all my life ::) .  I didn't plant enough chives, and the thymes and marjorams have been wonderful.  There are various other herbs I would like to try, but I suspect I would use them only once or twice
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 06:37:50 pm »
Greetings - also from Somerset and with two acres. Whereabouts are you? We are on the Levels between Taunton and Langport.

This is a great forum whose members are always willing to share their knowledge. I have learnt so much over the years. It doesn't matter how experienced you are, there are always new things to learn.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 11:31:54 pm »
 :wave: hello from Shropshire. I lived in Frome for a number of years - lovely county.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 09:42:53 am »
Hello and welcome from  :raining: Carnoustie! We have an 80 tree apple orchard, with a few pear, plum and gage and one hazel!

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 02:20:16 pm »
Perhaps we could do a herb swap? I have a very vigorous bay tree that is always throwing up suckers. I'm sure they would root fairly readily. I will PM you :-)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS