Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Haulage Wraps - what do you do?  (Read 4157 times)

Teejayef

• Joined Sep 2013
Haulage Wraps - what do you do?
« on: August 31, 2019, 11:01:49 am »
Are you in the same position as we are with haylage wrap, We now have 2 winters worth piled up in the barn and it won’t be long until winter 3 starts! We used to have a recycling company that took it but they have now stopped and the big commercial recyclers want £149 per year based on their minimum size farm of 100 acres - we are 10 acres (I wouldn’t mind paying £14.90 but it doesn’t work that way. Any (legal) ideas or solutions gratefully received, we are on the Glos/Hereford  border.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Haulage Wraps - what do you do?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 03:59:40 pm »
I put ours as we use it in the land fill wheelie bin.  As we do not use more than 2/3 a week there is no problem.  We do fold it up and roll it tight once it is taken off.

You may take a while but you should be able to dispose of your mountain that way as well.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 05:10:02 pm »
all of mine goes in landfill too. I know its recyclable but the council won't take it in the recyclable bag :/

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 10:20:46 pm »
Our local recycler has the same deal for farmers but also operates a £15/dumpy bag option for smallholders.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS