Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ducks  (Read 1073 times)

piper28

• Joined May 2019
Ducks
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:20:11 am »
Have three drakes for sale at the moment.  Still just under 6 months old.  Had an email the other day from a woman asking if they can be kept in a cage.  No Way i replied, why, where do you live, i asked.  In a flat she replied, saying she wanted to keep one in a rabbit hutch on the outside balcony.  Some mother do have them!!!!

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: Ducks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:26:59 am »
It's good that she asked you.
I have people coming to and asking "I just bought 11 chicks from the market, kept them at home, some of them died over night. No idea why - it's warm at home!"
Or someone came to ask to see his garden because he's picking up goatlings that's he's already paid for but has no idea about keeping them.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 11:57:41 am »
I remember a classmate in primary school bringing a box of chicks to school, just like that in a cardboard box. All dead by the end of the day...  :rant:

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 01:09:06 pm »
Once found a box of puppies outside the office on a very hot day. At least half a dozen people saw them and kept walking, so I took them on (much to the bosses disgust. Fed and watered them til home time, found new homes for them by the end of the day

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS