Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 1351 times)

Nadine1986

• Joined Jul 2019
Advice needed
« on: July 09, 2019, 01:02:06 pm »
My not so little lamb Gloria has these abscesses/spots/boils on her neck, any guidance as to how to treat her would be much appreciated 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 01:04:31 pm by Nadine1986 »

fsmnutter

• Joined Oct 2012
  • Fettercairn, Aberdeenshire
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 04:40:06 pm »
That looks quite extensive.
I would be worried about possible CLA and call your vet.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 05:27:01 pm »
what are you using to treat them? It looks like iodine, which will dry out the skin burn it and make it a lot worse. Use a special antibiotic spray (foot rot spray) on them. I can't say what they are but have they got worse since you started treating them?

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 06:06:45 pm »
Could be anything, little scratches on her flab rolls from shearing irritated by flies, cruels from thorns etc, CLA - fair enough. Personally I would try a jab and fly cream before the sampling vet route (which is perfectly good gold star good advice btw)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 10:47:46 pm »
My understanding of CLA is that the lesions are always associated with a lymph node?  In which case, this is unlikely to be CLA?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS