Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New pet lambs  (Read 1129 times)

Kj2686

• Joined Jun 2019
New pet lambs
« on: July 07, 2019, 08:43:01 pm »
So got us a couple of pet lambs, they have got free range of an acre of garden to chomp the weeds plus can come and go as they please with the horses however they have taken up residence outside our patio doors to sleep, just looking for ideas to encourage them to maybe sleep elsewhere in the garden (they also have a hayshed to sleep in) don’t get me wrong it is lovely having them so friendly they play with the dogs and kids but I’m used to stepping outside at 6am with a brew in my bare feet now I need wellies on because they have left puddles and piles all over my patio! Don’t really want them penned off so looking for a way to persuade them to sleeping elsewhere

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: New pet lambs
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 10:32:12 pm »

They are pet lambs, they will follow you everywhere including onto the patio and into the house given the chance. You need to fence them in where you want to keep them. They will not clear your weeds. Is  your garden/patio free of harmful plants?

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 12:51:03 am »
Just a thought, its nice when pet lambs play with dogs and kids, but when they get bigger, heavier, their play doesnt seem just as playful. Maybe better distancing them a bit now? ?

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 08:34:32 am »
Fence them out  :roflanim:  it’s the only way. And watch the horses if they aren’t used to sheep, a kick can kill a lamb

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS