Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Crovect how long last when opened  (Read 2647 times)

Clay

• Joined Oct 2016
Crovect how long last when opened
« on: July 06, 2019, 09:07:01 pm »
Just bought a bottle of Crovect thinking it would last me a couple of seasons as I do not have large numbers of sheep. On reading the label it states that once opened it should be used within 3 months.

Can I use it the next season or must I abide by the label? What do other smallholders do?

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Crovect how long last when opened
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 09:54:35 pm »
Normally lasts for the season but I found by the next year it had gone out of date and had lost its blue colour so we never used it. So I’d tend to agree with the label. Clik will last to the next season no problem providing it’s not expired.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 11:23:58 pm »
I don’t think it goes off if you store it correctly - out of sunlight, don’t introduce contamination (so don’t tip solution back into the container if you’ve had it out in your dispensing setup), properly resealed, and away from heat. I’ve certainly used it across two season before and not seen any diminution in effectiveness.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Shire1980

• Joined May 2018
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 10:20:02 pm »
I don’t think it goes off if you store it correctly - out of sunlight, don’t introduce contamination (so don’t tip solution back into the container if you’ve had it out in your dispensing setup), properly resealed, and away from heat. I’ve certainly used it across two season before and not seen any diminution in effectiveness.

I'd agree with that, i've just used the last of my bottle that i bought 2 years ago

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 01:57:21 pm »
I often keep from one season to the next and have found no difference in how effective it is. I have found that the colouring does fade, so I put in a bottle of food colouring to help mark the sheep that have been sprayed.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS