Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Woodburner recommendation please  (Read 10139 times)

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: Woodburner recommendation please
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 04:11:01 pm »
An unrelated story was when an uncle turned up and ate a raw tomato. No-one had seen anyone do that and thought it must be disgusting. Tomatoes were for cooking...
To be fair, my wives family (British born Indians) still think that - except for cherry tomatoes.
My wife was laughing that her friend was eating tomato like an apple.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Doddie82

• Joined Sep 2018
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 10:07:39 pm »
Hi
We have clearview stoves, not the cheapest but very very good, showroom in Ludlow.
Had ours abt 17years now.
On day and night over winter months.

PipKelpy

• Joined Mar 2019
  • North Shropshire
  • Dreamer with Mary, (cow) and sheep.
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2019, 07:24:01 am »
We're on gas central heating but due to the costs the stoves are lit over winter. The 1st is an original Coalbrookdale little wenlock mk 2 with a boiler. This was installed in 1997 and is lit usually from around October, but goes permanently (day and night) from December through to March. If it's cold it will stay lit longer. We had a dual coil cylinder fitted around 10 years ago so that there is no clash between the gas settings. 5 years ago we also had fitted a Morso Swift in the front room, that is an independent which means heat, heat, heat! Open all doors, switch off the gas over winter (i did the other year) and the house is fine. I cook on both with cast iron pots  and run both on smokeless and kiln dried logs (bulk buy in the summer). We have fallen trees so see to them as and when and stack until ready to burn!
Halter train the cattle to keep them quiet but watch your back when they come a'bulling! Give them all names even those you plan to eat. Always be calm. Most importantly, invest in wellies with steel toe caps and be prepared for the clever cow who knows where the toe caps end!!

DippyEgg

• Joined May 2017
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 08:56:54 pm »
Update: we had a Jotul f100 installed in the autumn. Very happy with it!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS