Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what's the price of butchered lamb?  (Read 25732 times)

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: what's the price of butchered lamb?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 09:40:14 am »
I believe that method is illegal in this country and if not it bloody well should be!! >:(

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 12:59:21 pm »
I believe that method is illegal in this country and if not it bloody well should be!! >:(
;D ;)

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 02:39:37 pm »
yes matty thats what I have believed to be correct too
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

trefnantbach

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 06:41:13 pm »
I'm only repeating what the lads in the loading bay said. Anyway they said that if I wanted to It could be arranged for me to follow my lambs all the way through the abbatoir in future to see what happens. I think I'll take them up on that offer next time.

Padge

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »
you do that.......................only way to ensure that you are happy with the way your stock is being dealt with after you have cared for it :wave:

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 05:33:30 pm »
I'm paying £10 slaughter charge and £27 butchering for our shetlands. Thinking to sell the meat for about £3 per lb.  Does that sound reasonable or should I be charging more/less?

dyedinthewool

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Orpingtons and assorted Sheep
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 07:23:25 pm »
Hi,

How do i find a 'decent' slaughterer - did enquire at local butcher for jointing the carcass once I found an abbatoir, could have been the wrong guy to ask -as he was very short with me and said " if they did that they would lose business to me"!!

I usually buy my meats etc from them espeically as they do the most wonderful home baked meat pies. :yum:

I shan't have any lambs ready for a couple months, but thought I should start looking. (We have only just got back into having some land and animals since moving over here (12yrs ago) and don't know where things are as far as abbatoirs are concerned)

If anyone on the forum knows of somewhere in Carmarthen or Pembrokeshire I should be grateful.  Not thinking of selling any - just for us and family. AND the cost...
You are never to old to learn something new

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS