Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Indian Runner Ducks  (Read 2210 times)

Flora

• Joined Oct 2015
Indian Runner Ducks
« on: June 05, 2019, 12:20:40 pm »
Our female Indian Runner disappeared one lunch time. No sign of feathers or violence and we are hoping that she is holed up somewhere sitting on a clutch of eggs and will reappear . Does anyone know how many eggs, generally , :&> they sit on so we can calculate when she might come back? Unlikely but we are hoping! If its large clutch then she might still be there.....

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: Indian Runner Ducks
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 01:42:21 pm »
Ducks eggs take 28 days to hatch no matter how many there are  ;)
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 05:15:09 am »
I've kept runner ducks for years and I'm sorry to say they have never gone broody :(

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 07:16:15 am »
Ours occasionally have, but that's not to say they were much good at it!

Remember that broody ducks still come off the nest to eat, so if she's still around, it's likely you'll see her at some point. I have to say, I fear the worst though....
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 01:13:59 pm »
Most of my ducks hot bored of being broody maximum after two weeks - that why I loooooove muscovies!

Realistically there is a high chance that a fox got her  :gloomy:
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Flora

• Joined Oct 2015
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 08:26:32 pm »
Hi . Not sure how to do this so I went for "Reply" . Thank you for the comments. She hasn't come back...... Arrggh! So sad ....she was blonde beautiful and so friendly, and the drake is a complete pill, he keeps trying to mate  with some grey Aracauna hens. No wonder she left! So next time I shall buy  2 indian runner ducks and maybe they will be a safe team .

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 09:07:40 pm »
Sorry she didn't appear. I would get your drake a few ducks sooner rather than later, it sounds like he's lonely :/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS