Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Animal Movements.  (Read 1528 times)

Faye.Lear

• Joined Mar 2016
Animal Movements.
« on: May 26, 2019, 01:14:12 pm »
Hello all,
I am reading contradicting advice on the gov.uk website regarding animal movements!

In relation to cattle, am I right in thinking;
If the land the animals are moving to has a CPH and they have livestock that my animals will mix with, then I need to apply for a TLA?
If that land is within 5 miles of my CPH, I do not need to TB test to move them to that ground?
I need to report those movements to BCMS when they are moved from my holding to the new holding and again when they return from their summer grazing?

In relation to sheep;
Again, can any land that I would like to graze my sheep on be registered as a TLA even if it does not have a CPH already?
If the land is within 5 miles of my CPH then I do not need to record movements with ARAMS if that land is registered under my CPH?

Any help much appreciated, I do not want to get this wrong but I am very puzzled!  ??? :)

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: Animal Movements.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 05:56:19 pm »
Can I suggest THE FARMING FORUM  tell them which country you are in and list the questions one by one

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS