Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: French Alpine Goats  (Read 2031 times)

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
French Alpine Goats
« on: May 10, 2019, 08:29:14 pm »
Hello
Does anyone have French Alpine Goats in the UK? I really like their colours. There's around 500k registered of them in France! Second most popular dairy breed over there.

Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

roddycm

• Joined Jul 2013
Re: French Alpine Goats
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 11:46:42 pm »
If you like the look of these but can't find them in the UK you could get English Goats instead! There will be more knowledgeable folk on here than me who can give more advice I am sure... but I always liked the look of the English Goats I have seen at shows and to my mind they have better udders than the girl in pic you posted, and they are rare in the UK so you would be doing the breed a favour if you became a breeder!

There is a website you can check out - https://www.egba.org.uk/home/html/photo_album.html

They come in a variety of colours including very similar to the French Alpines!

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 01:29:01 am »
I've always liked the French alpine colours as well, I prefer the much paler one, with black markings, very smart, but I do think that is a poor example of their udders, seen some really nice ones, Americans seem to like them.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 08:35:54 am »
Yes I know she's got poor udders. I just found the pic on internet to show the colours which are beautiful  ;)
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 10:32:14 am »
I'm with RoddyCM - if it's the colour you like then have a look at some of these rare native beauties! http://www.oldenglishgoats.org.uk/gallery/
Is it just my tablet or does this page take forever to load, I got fed up of waiting for picture to finish loading.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS