Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tripple glazing return on investment etc.  (Read 10295 times)

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
Re: Tripple glazing return on investment etc.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 08:00:14 am »
Don't do it! both Anglian and Everest subcontract the fitting, which is as important as the unit, so that can be and in our experience has been as bad as any - to the extent of being able to see the garden through the gaps! Their excuse is it is standard practice in the industry, which reveals their bog standard business philosophy. And the units are no better either - again we've had both (though double not tripled glazed). The largest panes blew about a day after the guarantee ran out. We would not use either ever again, and are now in process of trying the best-reviewed local firm for a replacement.

Let's know how you get on please.
I have not forgotten! It is pending, as the man in charge had a heart attack; he's on the mend, but I guess that's a disadvantage of using a small local and especially long-established firm, and we are not in a hurry so are happy not to pressure while the backlog is worked through.

kellyrose

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 02:59:28 pm »
Everest and Anglian are much more expensive and a large percentage of the extra cost goes on the marketing and no on the superior product, best you can do is find a company that is recommended by someone that you know.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 09:11:52 pm »
[Just a test of unread posts versus new replies - so just ignore]

Glencairn

• Joined Jun 2017
  • Dumfriesshire
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2021, 08:58:59 pm »
 ;)

I asked a fitter about triple glazing and was told it was not worth the extra cost.

That said, it was for a house built in the 1850s so he may have been weighing up all the factors.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS