Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ceredigion/Pembs compact tractor?  (Read 1947 times)

martcol

• Joined Aug 2018
Ceredigion/Pembs compact tractor?
« on: April 23, 2019, 11:16:21 am »
Bit of a strange request....

My wife and I are in our first year of smallholding near Aberaeron. I think we're going to buy a compact tractor, possibly a kubota of some sort. I wonder if there are any members in the Ceredigion or Pembs area who'd be prepared to spare me a half an hour for a chat, perhaps show me their tractor and tell me the basics?

I'm happy to fit in with your schedule and drive to you pretty much any time.

Yes, i will be speaking to dealers as well, but I thought speaking to real people as well as salespeople might help!

Thanks, in advance.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Ceredigion/Pembs compact tractor?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 04:57:31 pm »
My son has a little Kubota he would be pleased to show you, we are sign posted off the A487 past Synod Inn (no it is NOT for sale!)

martcol

• Joined Aug 2018
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 06:57:54 pm »
Oh, that is brilliant (apart from it not being for sale.... ;) ). What is the best way to get in touch?

Martin.

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 09:51:16 am »
We have an AGT Alpine tractor (which may be OTT unless you have steep land). Happy to show you/discuss if you're ever out this way (Between Carmarthen/Llandeilo). Not for sale either!

Bit of Info from our blog
http://lizburton.co.uk/wordpress/category/alpine-tractor/

martcol

• Joined Aug 2018
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 05:49:47 pm »
Henchard,

Apologies, I missed this. As it happens, we do have some steep land. I may take you up on that offer, but I think I'm going to do some more research first. We went to see 'Me' this morning and learned a lot about what we want, and what we don't want!

Many thanks for your reply. If I may, I'll get in touch by pm when I've done a bit more research?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS