Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wool picker  (Read 2541 times)

newtoitall

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Herefordshire
Wool picker
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:34:13 am »
My lovely husband has offered to make me a wool picker. We found some plans and instructions online but I wondered if anyone else has done this and is there anything we should bear in mind. Thanks for any advice.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Wool picker
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 12:10:40 am »
Lucky you to have such a lovely man who is also able to do jobs like this. I hope it works out well.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 02:03:54 pm »
I’ve no experience and don’t think I can recall anyone making one either.  So I’d be very interested to have pics and hear how you get on!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

newtoitall

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 07:48:25 am »
I'll ask him to take some photos as he goes along and post them. Not sure when he's starting it.

newtoitall

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 10:13:30 pm »
Well I now have my woolpicker and have used it with some success. My husband has written up some notes and drawings and as long as it will attach here are his thoughts and drawings. And yes I know I'm lucky to have him.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS