Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Worming goats with panacur  (Read 3380 times)

goatredbrooke

• Joined Aug 2017
Worming goats with panacur
« on: March 28, 2019, 11:39:33 am »
Hi there

I'm about to do a worm count on my 2 goats for the first time (via post Westgate labs). I have some panacur to worm them if it turns out to be necessary.

Can anyone give me some guidance on working out the dosage? I know that's a tricky question with goats as nothing is licensed but it would be great to know how to work it out.

Thanks very much

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
Re: Worming goats with panacur
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 12:11:42 pm »
Its really best to get that sort of advice from your vets. There aren't any wormers licenced for goats so legally they can only be used under the direction of a vet. That aside, my vets usually advise a double dose.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 04:16:56 pm »
Don't use Panacur, there is lots of resistance to it. Definitely best to check with your vets as said none licensed (except for Eprizero, but that's a pour-on) and so you would need to buy it from them anyway. A sheep wormer is most appropriate, but you need to know what species of worms you have for the right one. Most oral sheep wormers (drenches) need to be given to goats at 1.5 or twice the sheep dose

goatredbrooke

• Joined Aug 2017
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 09:19:46 am »
Thanks. Great advice everyone.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS