Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: muscovy behaviour and illness questions  (Read 1390 times)

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
muscovy behaviour and illness questions
« on: March 23, 2019, 05:17:00 pm »
I have a muscovy duck sitting on eggs for quite a while but i found her eating  the bad eggs (Strange behaviour) and one bad one had broken spilling foul smelling goo in the nest. Unfortunatly none of the eggs made it so i dismantled the nest and noticed she had some helth issues In photo 1 you can see just under her breast she has feathers missing and in 2 and 3 she has a weird dangling bit. sometimes it dangles and other times it doesnt seem bad. I don't know if this is a prolapse or not.

Not sure what the problem could be. she seems happier since the nest was dismantled and seems to be preening herself.

This duck might be hard to treat because she has always been hyper aggressive ever since i got her. It doesn't matter if she has eggs or not.

Thanks for any advise

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: muscovy behaviour and illness questions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 07:36:33 pm »
I woudlnt worry tbh. She plucked her feathers to line the nest
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Alex_

• Joined Jul 2016
Re: muscovy behaviour and illness questions
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 11:12:44 am »
Thanks [member=156019]macgro7[/member].  :thumbsup:
I have never seen them pluck so much before

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS