Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Clocks Change March  (Read 7141 times)

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
Re: Clocks Change March
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2019, 02:39:50 pm »
I am a morning person and would rather have my extra light before work than after.
Wow! How early do you wake up?
Down here sunrise is summer is around 4am!
Even if we did not have the summer time the sun would rise around 5 anyway. I wish I could wake up that early to be honest...
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Goatherd

• Joined Dec 2014
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2019, 04:01:09 pm »

I start milking at 4.30 every morning but when the clocks change the milkers don't like it
    they like their set meal times. But being in the fields to 10.30 at night is great
    And I have always used spring forward fall back.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:06:14 pm by Goatherd »

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2019, 07:00:35 pm »
I am a morning person and would rather have my extra light before work than after.
Wow! How early do you wake up?
Down here sunrise is summer is around 4am!
Even if we did not have the summer time the sun would rise around 5 anyway. I wish I could wake up that early to be honest...
In summer I like to have the horses fields poo picked by 6am.  It is cool and there is wildlife to be seen.

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 09:04:54 pm »
Mind you, I used to take my goat for a walk on Sunday at 6am. And I love in the city
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS