Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What tractor do you have and how do you find it?  (Read 5411 times)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: What tractor do you have and how do you find it?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 11:15:52 pm »
I have to agree with llr:  someone had staked out your place, DandC, before the deed.  Also, I can't think why "professional" agri' thieves would go to so much trouble for an old tractor.  Therefore and unfortunately, DandC, I would guess that you are dealing with local small-time thieves. 

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 06:49:49 am »
There is a thriving market for small tractors in other countries and they can stash a fair few in a container.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 10:21:01 am »
Exactly it Buttermilk. It's highly organised heavy duty criminal stuff. It's the same people that have been using kids nationally to move drugs. They have realised that police forces don't share info, hence it's known as County Lines. Big stuff.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2019, 02:04:59 pm »
My bet is still on a local set of thieves (even if they are then supplying into a larger thieving/"fencing" network)! 

A question though [member=27141]DavidandCollette[/member] - any knowledge of other agri-theft in your area at about the same time (from small-holders or larger farms)?  None perhaps ??!!

There are obviously roving gangs of agri-thieves around the UK looking to take equipment or live-stock, but, to my mind, it wouldn't be one of them that went to all that trouble to take your old Kubota.
Frankly, DandC, I reckon you need to keep an eye on who comes and goes on your bit of land.
A personal experience:  I frequently keep expensive gardening machinery in my Estate car which is parked on the street outside my house.  Then, recently, my large garden shed was the only one in the neighbourhood that was broken into one night!  The toe-rag/s didn't know though that I don't store any kit in the garden shed anymore - tough luck you little sh*t/s!  However, I have a very mangled shed door (which required a lot of effort to break open!) and the only things they found and decided to take were a few cheap hi-viz life jackets - I guess they fealt they had to get away with something !!! 

Think local and beware I reckon. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 03:25:53 pm by arobwk »

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 05:28:17 pm »
Ours was one of 4 on the area. All the same, carefully executed with little immediate evidence to show that the theft had taken place. One barn had it's roof panels removed and then replaced after the theft.
Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread just wanted to remind people how vigilant you need to be.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS