Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Amazon and unordered stuff  (Read 22246 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Amazon and unordered stuff
« on: November 17, 2018, 07:25:11 pm »
Over the last few months I have received various items from Amazon obviously sent in error as I have not ordered them.
I cannot find a more convoluted and difficult method to return unordered stuff, if it were incorrect,broken,ordered in error during a late night drunken shopping spree ! then there is a way to print out a prepaid label and send it back.
But I didn't order it , a label can be generated and then you have to pay to send it back, a pain. Until today it had not crossed my mind that I haven't received the promised refund of postage.
Going through the Amazon labyrinth I find " We have received the item(s), postage will not be refunded it was not an error on our part "   
Well that boils my blood, then today yet another item arrives ,unordered  and quite very expensive.( just looked it up)
I have emailed the customer service bot to the effect of ;

Today I have received another UNSOLICITED package from you.
Please take notice that I will retain this package for 28 days during this time you may make arrangements to collect or have this item sent back to you at your own expense.

I think this is a reasonable course of action, don't you ?

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
Re: Amazon and unordered stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 07:48:34 pm »
Very reasonable. I would have also stated that should it not be collected in the 28 day period mentioned then it will be taken that they do not require it back and will be sold in order to pay for your previous expences and time taken in dealing with their mistakes  :excited:
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 08:13:30 pm »
We have the opposite problem. When Amazon drivers finally find our farm, their computers won't let them actually give us the parcel, because it says the driver is not close enough to where it thinks we live.

I did try to contact Amazon about this, but they told me it was our fault because our 250 year old house was in the wrong location  :dunce: .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 11:06:10 pm »
Over the last few months I have received various items from Amazon obviously sent in error as I have not ordered them.
I think this is a reasonable course of action, don't you ?
You should be charging for storage up until they arrange collection (and pay your fee for time wasted) ....or simply point out that the item is on the front step awaiting collection and it might rain
pgk

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 12:20:32 am »
I would add that after the 28 days, you will consider it to be a gift.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 09:38:38 am »
Well well well,
    this morning an email from an Amazon "agent" based somewhere on the planet,
asking for a list of the items and the barcodes on the respective labels. Amazon have made an initial goodwill payment ( that was nice ), probably want to keep me sweet as the combined value is now over £2K.  ( at Amazon prices ) !

Ive spent the morning so far scanning the info on to an e-mail, we shall see what happens next.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 11:11:07 am »
And Me, SD, exactly how I'd deal with it.  I certainly wouldn't have returned anything at my own expense
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 12:00:30 pm »
Out of curiosity, if they're unsolicited and you haven't been charged for them, why are you returning them???  In my view there are several possibilities here:

1) someone is using stolen credit cards to order stuff and is sending it to a "random" address which happens to be yours;
2) someone with a similar address is ordering stuff and wondering where it's gone;
3) there's a computer error on the system that is shipping to you instead of the legitimate address.

Notifying the company of the unsolicited receipt allows the company to check their system to identify the item and figure out why it was shipped to you ... if it's:
1) - the chances are the credit card owner will have reported the fraud and the payment will be disputed so they'll be happy to arrange collection to get their items back.  If their fraud department is any good, they could look to trace the MAC/IP address used when the order was placed and track how many other purchases are made from same and pass this to the fraud team as it's highly likely to be linked to organised crime.
2) - whomever ordered it will have reported it missing and therefore they'll be happy to arrange collection to get it back on its journey.
3) their IT team can find and fix the bug which is a sustainable solution.

I'd be likely to notify them on the first 3 occasions and with the final notification state than any future receipts will be treated as "gifts" as you have neither the time nor the inclination to be dealing with the issue further given that you now feel it is "harassment".  But that's just me!
Not mine , must be someone else s, someone who has paid for it and is expecting it .I don't want or have need for these items and don't want this stuff cluttering the place up.
A couple of the items are, err of an interesting nature umm  Lepus mechanical  :thinking: :thinking:     and other stuff  :innocent:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 04:04:59 pm »

<<< A couple of the items are, err of an interesting nature umm  Lepus mechanical  [/size]      and other stuff  >>>

I'm sure they'd er fall on them with delight if you handed them into the charity shop......
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2018, 05:10:20 pm »
Ooo, now it’s getting spooky!  In a parallel universe, someone’s doors *do* slide electronically, and their whole life takes a different trajectory....  :roflanim:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 09:06:42 pm »
This is perverse,
Hermes turned up to uplift some of the higher value as per the list , however he delivered another package at the same time   :o

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 11:43:46 pm »
You can refuse to accept deliveries so the courier takes it back and returns to sender.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2018, 08:45:34 am »
You can refuse to accept deliveries so the courier takes it back and returns to sender.

I think we will have to set up  a new amazon account in Mrs RTB's name so we can identity the orders we actually order.
In the meantime the bluray player is sitting waiting...........

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2018, 04:51:54 pm »
I've been reading this thread with amusement - until today..... I seem to be having courier problems but in a negative way!! I ordered a chainsaw from darn sarf and was mildy amused by the next day delivery claim, however, after a week I thought I'd better check with the supplier if there was a problem. No problem, the parcel was delivered and signed for last Friday - 24 hours after I'd ordered it. They sent me an email with my ' signature' which is nothing like my scribble on thouch touch screen thingies.
So, now I'm sat waiting for the suppliers to get back to me after contacting DPD. There's only 5 properties with the same postcode, 2 are empty, one is mine, one belongs to an elderly ex farmer and  the other neighbours were away when the parcel was delivered....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2018, 05:42:59 pm »
It has been known for drivers to keep expensive items and say they've been delivered.  Those 'sign with your finger' gadgets are a joke and I always refuse to sign that way.  I use a pen - they don't like it but the drivers want to complete their rounds so they let me do it.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS