Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CPH identity  (Read 4208 times)

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
CPH identity
« on: October 11, 2018, 06:22:50 pm »
Hi!  I need to check out a buyer that's interested in my sheep.  I not sure about this person, who seems to know so little about livestock keeping, but claims to already have rams and goats (no ewes, which with already having rams (plural!!!) is unusual, so I've asked him for a CPH and flock number together with holders name.  Only thing is, how do I check this person out - is there a CPH search I can do to see if the number exists and if this person is who they say they are?  Any help would be most appreciated.  Thank you!

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: CPH identity
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:17:12 pm »
I don’t think so, but you could always request to visit the holding first. If they come up with an invalid excuse, don’t sell them the sheep.

morri2

• Joined Jun 2008
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 08:00:44 pm »
Yes, I'd thought of that, but it's a good two hours away - four hours both ways.  I simply don't have the time (wish I did!!) I'm wondering whether I can ring Defra and they might give me some info.

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 08:43:47 pm »
I suspect if they have a CPH number In the correct format to give you for a movement licence it could just be a 'borrowed' number,  and it could also be a 'borrowed' address. Deffra will be useless and I really wouldn't bother. You can either make sure all their paperwork is done correctly at your end and sell them, or if you have any concerns about how well they will look after the sheep, refuse to sell them.

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 06:44:52 pm »
I think if you start to set up the movement form electronically on arams using just the CPH number and their postcode it will bring onto the screen the name and address that number is registered to.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 11:06:54 pm »
I don't know anything about this but if you are doubtful enough to ask, I suggest to find anothr buyer
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS