Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: starting over  (Read 10580 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: starting over
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2010, 06:35:00 pm »
Hi and welcome and the best of luck from the bigchicken, local yellow paper or Scot adds for your chook hut seen them as low as £30 for a 6x4 I also have Shetlands and have a few spare wedders that I could let you have for free my only stipulation is they don't go for meat but you are a veggie so that should be OK They are OK with fences and have not jumped out. I have a field which also borders the road with a stone dyke and a single strand of barber wire had no escapees don't like the road much I think. Could also help you out with layers. I am also in Fife.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:38:09 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2010, 09:12:49 pm »
where abouts are you? and what kind of money you looking to pay?
Craig

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 01:28:05 pm »
Potato box - ingenious!  If I can get the motivation going again I'll see what I can find on freecycle in the way of huts etc in spring.

Kerstin, I'd no idea you were on here or that Jane had connection on here either  :o  Coffee and cake is about my favourite thing to do if the roads are ok, has to be daylight tho, let me know where you are (you have my and let's get a date arranged.  Don't worry about the massage (well I'd definitely be up for one sometime but no pressure on you at all please!).  I have a table here if you wanted to try my cafetiere at some point on a return visit ;)

Sadly tho I love ducks I'm not keen on duck eggs, dad loved them but they were too strong for me and put me right off.

BC I am looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks with your chainsaw and hope you have ropes/ladders etc as I have one single aluminium ladder tall enough but nothing safe to saw from.  I'm not a great cook and veggie too which can be sacrilege amongst farmers and smallholders ;) but I can do soups, baked tatties, quiches and the like or simple pasta things and as for a blether, you may need to be careful what you ask for as I barely see people from one week to the next and can be a wee bit of a motormouth when I do  ::) ;D

Might well take the wethers too if you're serious, but will have to get through winter and sell some of these ponies first now as 16 of them on 10 acres through winter (snow or mud ::) ) is too overstocked to want more livestock on there just now and I haven't found any alternative land to lease when I lose the hill in 3 weeks or less :(  I definitely wouldn't be eating them but if I couldn't manage then I might offer them back or pass them on if that's ok with you, I'd hate to make a mess of their lives or cause their deaths through ignorance or putting too many animals in too small a space and something getting injured  :-\

My goodness, this forum I found accidentally has really proved to be a pleasant surprise in so many ways, thanks  :D  :wave:
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 07:12:53 pm »
Hi what hight are the trees so I can bring ropes etc. Veggie is great with me,   
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 11:14:41 am »
oh, I just asked Jane if you have horses and could be on this forum - it's a small world! All I knew was that you live around here somewhere!

I agree - this is the best forum I've come across! Although there are members from all over the world, it is a brilliant local community, too, and I've made so many new friends in the area (thanks Dan and Rosemary). We must plan another get together in the spring, a topic for another thread  ;D

Looking forward to having you round soon, Ellie. Weather permitting we can keep Boxing day on the menu?
 ;D :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS