Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: eid tag query  (Read 6859 times)

birkb

• Joined Jul 2009
eid tag query
« on: September 23, 2010, 10:41:29 am »
Hello All, a further query about EID tagging: I had 9 lambs last year which were double tagged.  These were my first so numbers 1 - 9 were used.  This years new batch of lambs need EID tags.  I now have a batch of 50 new EID tags. My query: can i start the numbering at "EID tag no 10" or do i need to use "EID tag no 1" ?  Probably doesn't really matter but your views are sought !?!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: eid tag query
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 03:23:27 pm »
No you have to start again with 00001 because this year it's EID and a whole new system.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:40:15 pm »
I and we must follow the system till they change it again when ever its up there humf, a couple of my new tags didn't work correctly due to me trying to use the wrong applicator and I'm not going to replace them. Its cost me nearly £100 for 50 tags and the correct applicator. Started of with singe tags then double tags ordered 200 then they were no use wasting my money might as well have thrown it down the drain. Now EID in my small oppinion someone needs a size twelve in the region of the backside. Up the revolution. >:(
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:42:51 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 07:54:56 pm »
Hi,

£100 for 50 EID Tags?? We better put our prices up to stay competitive  ;D
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:03:21 pm »
When I was phoning around I was quoted .90p each, I am now thinking was that for both ear tags, 1 normal and 1 eid i am sure thats right? whats everyone else paid? and for what type?
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:16:26 pm »
Hi,

£9.99 fot 10 Pairs - Including Vat & Delivery.
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 10:48:38 pm »
thats a good price, also I like the trauma spray to stop bleeding and seal the cut, I have recommended to my local stables so you should be getting a little order for that, I will be ordering some items at some point soon, like castration bands and applicator, golden hoof plus, will need to register and choose a local vet soon so I am able to order pescription items like terramycin spray.
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 11:28:37 pm »
£100 was for the tags and the applicator and I wonder what the profit margin is. I think that is priced very much the same as your Z button tags. my whole point is we don't need all this extra expense and waste of time and money of coarse the sellers and manufacturers will not object as this is right up there street after all it is all about money is it not and nothing to do with animal welfare.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 11:54:12 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 08:46:50 am »
we paid something under 20 for ten tags and the all new ear tag aplicator. funny how you always need a new version when there is a change.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 09:11:53 am »
funny how you always need a new version when there is a change.

Not always Z tags use the same Zee applicator.

Its all EU rules that we love so well, Plus it makes the job of big sheep markets easier.
Thanks

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 02:00:50 pm »
I have just bought one set of EID for our one lamb born this year, a pair of taggers and four management  tags all for the grand total of £3.73.  Bargain. This was from Ketchum tags who I can't rate highly enough. Superb customer service.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 03:06:12 pm »
thats a very very good price.

waterhouse

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 10:17:41 pm »
Hope they don't fall off because Ketchum don't have any red tags yet

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS