Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Holding number advice please....  (Read 1123 times)

Blacksheep78

• Joined Sep 2018
Holding number advice please....
« on: September 17, 2018, 02:59:16 pm »
Hi, I am keeping my sheep on the other half’s family farm, one of their fields, but I’m hoping to be off competing at shows most weekends next year. Problem is it’s going to clash with cattle going to market etc. Could I get a separate holding number just for this one field? I’m confused.....

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Holding number advice please....
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:59:29 pm »
We do have our land across the road registered as available for quarantine, which covers showing.  We had to prove that we could keep the two areas separate, and change boots and boiler suits, disinfect etc for each flock when quarantined sheep were in there.  We used it for showing, as there is a 13 day standstill in Scotland, and all our local shows are on consecutive weekends.  The re-registration is now automatic, although we no longer show.  It is still useful for quarantining any new stock bought on (rare as we have a closed flock now)
So yes, speak to the movements folk for advice - they like to be helpful here, although I don't know about in the rest of Britain.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS