Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: ANyone knitting  (Read 13354 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
ANyone knitting
« on: September 29, 2008, 03:27:58 pm »
hello all am just wondering if anyone is knitting ?
AM just on the heel of a sock am knitting for my mum for Christmas

so not far and i'll be done.

Hilbillie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • St. Mayeux, Brittany
Re: ANyone knitting
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 10:45:08 am »
Hi, yes I'm knitting mad at the moment!  I've just finished my first sock!  Well it's the second really but the first didnt actually look much like a sock so much as a boot (I got the tension wrong :-[).  This pair is also intended as a Christmas pressie for my mum.  This is the first time I have knitted using 4 needles and I am loving it.  I've also recently knitted a pair of slippers and a hat with ear flaps and am in the middle of a matching scarf (all Christmas presents).  I was lucky enough to purchase from someone on another forum, for 20 euros, three big sacks of wool, all sorts of colours and types, some odd balls, some packs of around 500g, some 300g, thick, thin, mohair.  I'm like a child in a sweetshop deciding what to knit next, everyone in my family will be getting knitted Christmas pressies this year!  I subscribe to magazine called "Lets Knit" which arrives every month and has lots of patterns and a free gift each month (usually needles).  I'm also crocheting a bed cover made of Afgan squares which is an ongoing project.  Trouble is every so often I have to have a few days off knitting as I am getting quite bad arthritis in my hands and they play up a bit with too much knitting.
Hilary

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 04:17:07 pm »
Brilliant i have just finished my 1st of the pair of sock they are currently sitting on the sock blocker.
I would show a piccy of them but they are a xmas present and i don't want to show then that they might see it lol.
Linz

Linz

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 06:31:10 pm »
Hi there,
I wondered if anyone had a pattern for fingerless gloves, but not with all fingers, just with a thumb and them one opening for the fingers, does that sound daft.  I have seen some in a book but they are very expensive and  I thought about knitting some for my girls as part of the xmas pressies.
Elaine   :) :bfly:
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 07:07:20 pm »
Take a look at www.ravelry.com, Once you have joined up you can get access to lots and i mean lots of patterns
linz

Try this one also http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTfetching.html once you have log on to ravelry you can get this big list http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search?query=Mittens%2FGloves+.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:39:15 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 09:30:12 pm »
I would make these but it's actually my fingers that get cold not my palms and wrists ???
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 10:29:18 am »
if you wrist got warmed up would that help your fingers?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 09:39:01 pm »
Doubt it my wrists and palms are usually hot but I get white fingers.  I'll bring your wool on Wednesday in case you make it, but if not I'm in Coaslnaughton on Friday around 10.30 so can bring it then
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 09:46:51 pm »
yeah sure i don't think i can make it this wednesday. It a bit mad here lots of chance going on here, Trying to get s-dd and s-ds sorted at the moment each having moments lol

Linz

FiFi

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Oswestry, Shropshire
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 12:51:21 pm »
Hi there,
I wondered if anyone had a pattern for fingerless gloves, but not with all fingers, just with a thumb and them one opening for the fingers, does that sound daft.  I have seen some in a book but they are very expensive and  I thought about knitting some for my girls as part of the xmas pressies.
Elaine   :) :bfly:

Hello!  I'm new here but just poppin in to pass on this pattern to you.  Have a look here: http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2008/11/back-to-my-normal-self.html  The pattern is in the body of the post, a bit further down.

Hope this help???

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 07:52:03 pm »
Come on, FiFi, I know who you are but you have to introduce yourself!

FiFi

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Oswestry, Shropshire
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 12:51:13 pm »
Okay Rosemary, I've wittered on a bit about myself in the introductions section  ;D

Looking forward to getting to know everybody  :bfly:

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 06:57:47 pm »
Thanks Fifi for that pattern, I did not know they would be so simple to do.  I should be able to knit a pair in a couple of days.  I am assuming that they use double knitting wool on 4mm needles,  I'll try that first, if it doesn't work out i'll drop a size of needles.

Elaine
Elaine

FiFi

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Oswestry, Shropshire
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 03:20:32 pm »
Hi Elaine,

Yes, they look dead simple, and basic enough for you to embellish as you wish.  I tend to go with about 4mm needles and double knitting wool - pretty much everything is done like that for me!  I don't think you can go far wrong with that  :D

Good luck with them - it'd be good to hear how you get on with them.

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 09:28:35 am »
I have just finished her scarf last night and is wrapped ready to go in the post tomorrow,  I may have to get another ball of wool so the mitts will have to follow on in the post this next week, maybe late for christmas, but not to worry she will understand.
Elaine

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS