Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kubota compact tractor advice  (Read 2822 times)

Taliesin

• Joined Aug 2016
Kubota compact tractor advice
« on: September 10, 2018, 07:10:56 am »
Hello, we are relative newcomers to smallholding and are looking to purchase a second hand compact tractor plus implements. I've been told to go for a Kubota because they are well made and reliable, though not sure where to start or where to look and get a deal which will work within our 5k budget. Welcome any advice regarding from folk who own or have owned Kubota compacts. Implements are also required and I presume I'd get a better deal if I purchased a machine with these included. i.e., rotary mower, grass rake of some kind, front loader. We are on clay and I want a tractor light enough to reduce impact. Possibly turf tyres way to go?

90driver

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Independent Land Rover Specialst
Re: Kubota compact tractor advice
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 09:08:41 am »
Hi. Kubota are excellent machines. I look after many machines with Kubota engines and they never seem to have an issue if looked after. And even those that are abused last pretty well. Spares can be expensive, the electric power steering on my mower is over 1k to replace..... i can manage without :-) 

Depending on the size of machine you are looking for but I am not sure your 5k budget will go too far, especially if you want a loader and grass care equipment thrown in.

Taliesin

• Joined Aug 2016
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 12:00:17 pm »
Thanks. I'm looking at a Kubota without the implements right now. 2000 hours clocked and on turf tyres. Price just over 2K. Wondering how much it would cost and how easy it is to buy a loader and grass management kit 2nd hand.
Any thoughts?

fiatman

• Joined Jan 2018
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 09:09:26 pm »
This is what we use, does about 99% of what we need, 5ft topper keeps the weeds down and with the front end loader cleans out the sheds, digs lifts ect ect

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS