Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from Scotland  (Read 3383 times)

farmerswag

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Aberdeen Shire
Hello from Scotland
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:24:55 pm »
Hi everyone

Kept horses all my life and got a few sheep to pick down the grass when the horses moved fields, well......................

Now have a pedigree flock of Llyens consisting of 45 breeding ewes, 6 wedders, 10 gimmers and a tup, how it happened I really don't know  ??? ???

However after a good first year of breed and raising our own sheep, I must say I rather enjoy it except when they escape, mine are experts!!!

Other than the sheep I have a wonderful OH who is a real farmer ::) ::), some terriers - no use as sheep dogs no matter how hard you try, 7 horses, a small boy and a real job too. Love my lot tho and wouldn't swap it for the world
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:22:44 am by farmerswag »
Chasing sheep - keeps you young

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Hello from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:31:02 am »
Hello,

Wow you must be kept be pretty busy! I hope your little boy enjoys helping out with all the animals too. Whereabouts are you? I live just outside Falkirk.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:36:16 am »
Hi and welcome.

Sounds like a real handful you have there. How do you cope? I always feel like I'm neglecting someone and I've less to do than you. Any tips welcome!

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 09:39:57 am »
Welcome from Normandy, and suggest you find a quiet corner and put your feet up occasionally!

Kate  :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

farmerswag

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Aberdeen Shire
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 10:33:56 am »
My lil one loves helping out with everything especially when it involves tractors or mud, his sheep chasing :sheep: :sheep: is coming on a treat tho, he has perfected the art of standing in a field waving a stick and shouting his head off while the sheep run in every direction but the one you want.  He isn't even 2 yet!!! ;D ;D

As for keeping up with everything, I don't think there is a secret to it, always lived a non stop lifestyle so I suppose its just normal.  Just to add a bit more drama incase we were lacking in things to do we had a calf that was born yesterday morn when it was 4 degrees, brrrrr.  Mum had hidden behind the hay rack in the calving field and we couldn't see her from the house.  Only discovered that she had started calving when a lorry came in about and told us, anyway tired mum and calf with swollen head  :(  he doesn't want to get up and suckle so he is being tubed atm, as if one baby boy wasn't enough.

We live just outside Aberdeen, close to a wee village called Stonehaven.  My family have around 50 acres while the OH has about 550!!! Thankfully our land borders each others so makes it alot easier
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:38:29 am by farmerswag »
Chasing sheep - keeps you young

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 02:21:50 pm »
Hello & Welcome,

Your little boy sounds an absolute delight, I think it's so nice to see young children with animals - give him a few more years & he'll have it down to a tee!!

Good Luck with the new calf  :cow:
RegardsDonna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:49:57 am »
hello from fws :) :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS