Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: modern appreticeship scheme.  (Read 5671 times)

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
Re: modern appreticeship scheme.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 09:00:14 am »
Dintw, try the chamber of commerce in your area, ours has a guy who just does apprenticeships, knows everything, and can put you in touch with other funding sources, I don't think you even need to be a member

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 09:54:03 am »
My brother in law has one (he is a one man band media production company) and he is amazing - I know paul has been awed by how good he is - I know it has been fantastic for his biz, but he did interview a lot and put them through some pretty serious paces!  Getting someone who has the passion and fits with you may be the key?  I'll ask him how he got all his info...

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 09:59:33 am »
well i recieved all the bumpf from the dwp last night and had a good read but to be honest im none the wiser. nothing in any of it to suggest what my level of commitment is, all seems very disjointed and unprofessional.

and the emails grammar and spelling was seriously poor! not a good first impression. and definitely not confidence inspiring. i shall have to dig deeper.

That's terrible. I think you should highlight the mistakes and send a copy to your MP/MSP and see what they think! What sort of example is it setting!!!

the great composto

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 11:14:46 am »
well i recieved all the bumpf from the dwp last night and had a good read but to be honest im none the wiser. nothing in any of it to suggest what my level of commitment is, all seems very disjointed and unprofessional.

and the emails grammar and spelling was seriously poor! not a good first impression. and definitely not confidence inspiring. i shall have to dig deeper.
Dont let that put you off providing career help to a youngster.  I used a training provider & they even advertised the position for me and pre vetted the candidates  FOC - all i had to do was interview.
Its very difficult to interview someone with no career behind them - you have to actually look at the individual & judge.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 09:51:23 am »
You might have to provide them with a seperate toilet facility, canteen area seperate to the work area, restroom etc,  :thinking:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS