Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!  (Read 6648 times)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:37:38 pm »
The very best of luck to everyone entering, organising and displaying at the show on the 30th. I wish I could be there :( . Please post photos! Hope you all have a great time. :thumbsup:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:50:52 pm »
Have a great day you lucky people  :wave:  wish I could be there.  Hope the weather holds out for you all  :sunshine:

Lots of piccies of the day please  :eyelashes:

And, Sally ITN,  if you manage to get me the sheep book  :excited: and see TT, give him a big  :-* from me for doing a second edition of his book. I couldn't get a copy of the first edition.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:52:32 pm by Mammyshaz »

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 07:19:04 am »

Hope everyone has a very good day,  hopefully I will be able to make it next year. :wave:
Anne

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:09:22 am »
Hope you all have a good day and that this is just the first of many. :wave:
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »
Just heard from my OH at the show. It sounds as if there has been a great turnout.  Lots to see and do, everything appears to be going to plan.   WELL DONE ROSEMARY AND HER ELVES  :trophy: :thumbsup:

Now we just have to wait for next year at Lanark and I hope to be there then  :fc:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 09:56:48 pm »
Just heard from my OH at the show. It sounds as if there has been a great turnout.  Lots to see and do, everything appears to be going to plan.   WELL DONE ROSEMARY AND HER ELVES  :trophy: :thumbsup:

Now we just have to wait for next year at Lanark and I hope to be there then  :fc:
Aha - so he was there - we did keep an eye-out for him, but must have missed him in all the excitement  :excited:  Brilliant day, huge attendance - Dan had to print batches of extra tickets (twice I believe).  Lots of happy, smiley folks  :thumbsup:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 07:00:32 am »
Glad to hear there was such a good turnout  :thumbsup:

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 07:37:42 am »
It was great!
A big thank you must go to all the "redcoats" who made the day run so smoothly!

CrookedJock

• Joined Oct 2012
    • slipperfieldcroft.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 09:32:26 am »
FANTASTIC! What a great first show in Scotland. I look forward to next years show and hope to get a bit more involved. I might even bring some of my Hebridean Sheep!
JRJames

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 10:02:29 am »
FANTASTIC! What a great first show in Scotland. I look forward to next years show and hope to get a bit more involved. I might even bring some of my Hebridean Sheep!

I do hope you DO bring some Hebs - we had a fantastic display from the Hebridean Woolhouse. It would have been great to have the sheep there too  :sheep: :sheep: :sheep:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 11:06:36 am »
Delighted to hear it went well, would have been if I had not been showing. Hope to atend next year.  :thumbsup:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 11:24:25 am »
I enjoyed it - but I would have loved to meet TASers... Could we please have a small stall or something next year as a meeting place for those of us who don't already know everybody else? I think I identified Rosemary and Dan at some point, but I would have had to queue up to speak to them - thought they had enough on their plate to deal with pesky newcomers like me...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 07:04:56 pm »
I enjoyed it - but I would have loved to meet TASers... Could we please have a small stall or something next year as a meeting place for those of us who don't already know everybody else?
Definitely on the agenda for next year - and we WILL have T sirts and stuff. Time just ran away with us towards the end but lots of lessons learned for next year so keep your feedback on what your'd like for next year coming. If we can do it, we will  :thumbsup:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 08:13:52 pm »
Good idea Ina - I spent my spare time trying to track down Sally ITN which I did in the end but missed out on a lot of other people - Oh and Ina now you know roughly what I look like you can track me down next year  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »
Good idea Ina - I spent my spare time trying to track down Sally ITN which I did in the end but missed out on a lot of other people - Oh and Ina now you know roughly what I look like you can track me down next year  :thumbsup:

I was easy to find - chained to Spinners' Corner!   :D

SOooooo sorry to miss meeting up with you, Ina.  I was wearing my badge, just probably not easy to spot as I had chosen a jumper of similar colours, and have messy long hair which probably partly covered it up, too.

I'll PM you about the fleeces, Brucklay - but suffice to say the black one is a very fine fleece indeed, so says my expert friend  ;) ;D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS