Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hens FTGH, near Glasgow  (Read 3838 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Hens FTGH, near Glasgow
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:11:12 am »
My chum has land away from his house. He's been burgled three times recently and gradually the b*stards are taking all his hens, so he'd rather give them away to a good home than have them stolen.

He has some Black Rocks and a few meat type young birds.

If you can help, contact Andrew on 07697 032694

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Hens FTGH, near Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:14:01 am »
 >:( >:( >:(

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 12:50:11 pm »
They've now been temporarily rehomed to a secure location  ;) :innocent:

Absolutely sickening  :rant: :rant: :rant: Bl**dy thieving scumbags  :rant: :rant: :rant:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 01:48:53 pm »
yay for hippy!!!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 04:20:38 pm »
I think Andrew needs to get hold of a boobie trap hen that gives a shock to whoever takes it!! Or one with a camera on and a tracker so the scum bags can be caught!!

Glad they are safe now  :thumbsup:

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 05:20:52 pm »
I think Andrew needs to get hold of a boobie trap hen that gives a shock to whoever takes it!! Or one with a camera on and a tracker so the scum bags can be caught!!

Glad they are safe now  :thumbsup:
I think he needs a couple of big burley men with baseball bats hiding in the bushes  ;) :innocent:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 05:22:57 pm »
i have a very large crowbar i am happy to use for the cause!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 07:30:56 pm »
He had this exact same problem a few years back.  Never caught the thieves.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2013, 11:06:40 pm »
Just home from the 10 pm rendezvous in the McDonalds car park. Thanks for taking them Karen.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 07:25:56 am »
Yes, I've had a few of those Andrew. Always feels a little odd handing over cardboard boxes that are gently clucking or quacking. Mind you, it's not as strange as the time I tried to sell Doganjo a small poly bag of diatomaceous earth in the dark, in a Clackmannanshire pub carpark. I'm so glad the police didn't turn up, as in hindsight it would have taken quite a lot of explaining!  ;D

I'm glad HH was able to help you out Andrew, and as I said yesterday, do give me a shout if there's anything we can do to help  :wave: .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

HappyHippy

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 08:34:32 am »
No worries Andrew  :hug:

Womble - your story about the DE made me  ;D
My dad used to don a headlight and go out to the local park at night, after it had rained to collect the earthworms that had come to the surface for his wormery or to use for fishing (the park was apparently easier to harvest than our fields because of the short grass) one night the police stopped to find out what the light was - he had a bit of a job trying to convince them  :roflanim:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 09:17:13 am »
Mind you, it's not as strange as the time I tried to sell Doganjo a small poly bag of diatomaceous earth in the dark, in a Clackmannanshire pub carpark. I'm so glad the police didn't turn up, as in hindsight it would have taken quite a lot of explaining!  ;D

I remember the time when I handed my brother a plain white plastic bag at a rock concert - and he gave me a plain brown envelope in return...

The bag contained veg from the garden, and the envelope some bank statements or so that had gone to the wrong address - but we did look round to make sure nobody was watching! :D

taz08

• Joined Oct 2012
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 02:56:58 pm »
this is happening all over ,,i had 30 birds knicked.. bluebelles vorverks  light sussex ,,, funny thing is they left the hylines and cross breeds  about £500 worth of birds,,,,restocking slowly ,,, and got cameras  around the place,, and a few booby traps  :innocent:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS