Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The World Cup/Inner peace..  (Read 16139 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: The World Cup/Inner peace..
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2010, 07:41:48 pm »
If you are not good enough you are not good enough,

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2010, 08:08:53 am »
I agree Sheila but there is no need to "Keep your light under a bushel" They certainly did not.I ask "Wot lite"?I din't need the punt the tide was in Ebb after 18:00 hrs at Clee,so the tears all ran out to sea.Shuduve looked at the tide table fost shunt I ;D :wave:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:13:10 am by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2010, 08:16:24 am »
All the commentators and journalists commented on how badly Englands players played yesterday. Perhaps now is the time to ask why then these guys are getting the outrageous salaries they receive (and are obviously not earning)? ::) ::)

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2010, 08:20:38 am »
The England players had the best of everything while they were out there. The most expensive hotels of all teams............Should have been in tents!
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2010, 08:23:04 am »
I don't know for sure James.Are they Kin of our Members of Parliament seems most likely judging on performance. ??? :-[ :'( :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2010, 09:33:22 am »
Now if i was the FA i would give the England squad (or would troop be better as in monkeys???) the total cost for their 4 week jolly to SA and say i dont care how you divvy it up but we will have this paid by the end of the week, thankyou!!

Useless!! overpaid bunch of players who did not show any hunger throughout the tournament, its like they just sat back and said 'oh we are England and have Rooney, Gerrard, Terry, Lampard etc etc etc and the goals will just come!!! i think not my pedigree chums and perhaps you ought to look at some of the smaller teams who are fighting tooth and nail for their countries!

Oh well at least i can watch Wimbledon now  :wave:

Hardfeather

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2010, 11:03:51 am »
I think you may have the rights of it there, WP.

The Mighty England response to the rest of the world...'we are England, so we will win'...

Suddenly, front rooms and house fronts were decorated in red and white, flags flew from cars and rooftops. Children were painted and the whole (so they said) 'nation' got behind the dream team, with even schools and workforces taking time out to watch their heroes punish the rest of the world for having the temerity to challenge their superiority.

The commentators said it all...

Then comes the wailing and gnashing of teeth ;D, Obsequious love quickly turns to blame and hatred and, back  home, the gallows are being erected even before the full-time whistle.

Is it any wonder these grossly overpaid and over-adulated representatives of such an arrogant, capricious nation cannot deliver the goods when set against more staid and modest opposition?

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 11:11:07 am »
Hahahahahahaha

Nicely put Angus   ;)

gavo

• Joined Aug 2008
  • Belcoo, Enniskillen, N.Ireland
  • Crazy Pig Lover
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 12:05:43 pm »
Now Now don't tar a whole nation by the attitude of it's football team.I do feel your comments a little harsh on good ol' blighty.Give the nation a break; they're not the only ones with over paid useless football teams are they?

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2010, 12:13:11 pm »
Hmmm, i thought "good ol' blighty" was an old name for Britain, not England   ???

Hardfeather

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2010, 12:31:36 pm »
In a country which some call 'old blighty'
People fell at the feet of the mighty
They went for the cup
But they rather f*cked up
Now the word on the street is they're shitey

;D

You've got to laugh...it's only a game.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2010, 01:10:37 pm »
I am playing TAS and listening to BBC 1 TV news .Its been on 7 minutes before it changed to George Osbourne from Our terrible loss :'( :wave:

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2010, 01:47:25 pm »
In a country which some call 'old blighty'
People fell at the feet of the mighty
They went for the cup
But they rather f*cked up
Now the word on the street is they're shitey

;D

You've got to laugh...it's only a game.

:D :D :D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2010, 04:05:35 pm »
If you look at the match stats, as I have, England actually had more possesion, more shots on and off target, and more corners than Germany. The disallowed goal was a travesty (as was the offside Tevez Argentinian goal later in the day). Had Lamps' goal stood, it might have been a very different story. They got a bit desperate after half time going for the equaliser and got caught on the break. It happens.

It's a shame they don't seem to replicate their club form at national level, though.

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 06:20:49 pm »
If you look at the match stats, as I have, England actually had more possesion, more shots on and off target, and more corners than Germany. The disallowed goal was a travesty (as was the offside Tevez Argentinian goal later in the day). Had Lamps' goal stood, it might have been a very different story. They got a bit desperate after half time going for the equaliser and got caught on the break. It happens.

It's a shame they don't seem to replicate their club form at national level, though.

This is very true. I made the same observations myself but I still believe they should have life a little harder than they do. Might just ground them a little bit.
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS