Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Randy Gander  (Read 4078 times)

sweep

• Joined Apr 2009
Randy Gander
« on: January 22, 2010, 08:57:51 pm »
Hi from British Columbia,
we have a young super African gander that seems to be humping anything he can pin down, (ducks and chickens,) if he is successfull with the ducks will we get goucks? or are the species to far apart to be successful??
the other problem is we have found two dead chickens the only signs of distress are a bloody vent area and badly chewed up feathers on the back,
all we can think of is the gander is having his wicked way with them and they are dying of shock/trauma
does anyone have any thoughts on the subject??

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Randy Gander
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 08:59:40 pm »
Eat him!  He's a bl88dy nuisance
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:08:39 pm »

It could be worse. I skim-read your thread title and though you were having problems with a Randy Gardener!!  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 09:12:18 pm »

It could be worse. I skim-read your thread title and though you were having problems with a Randy Gardener!!  ;D

If that'd been the case I might have offered to buy him  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sweep

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:19:59 pm »
No this is not lady Chaterlys lover!!! or was that the game keeper not gardener?
we dont want to eat him he cost us to much money! we just want him to do the female african so we get goslings and raise and eat them 

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 09:59:10 pm »
Ok, seriously - you need to keep him separately and with them only, so he doesn't annoy the other girls.  Not fair on them and as you can see can cause an untimely death.  Cockerels, drakes and ganders can all be very persistent.  Two dead hens is enough I think!
Oh, and welcome to the forum! from wet Scotland awaiting another deluge of snow!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 10:26:10 am »
Yep I would sepersate him away from the others. He's too big and heavy and way too rough for the hens and ducks, and you will only loose more of them.

Beth

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 04:30:53 pm »
Hi, I'm from Derbsyhire and am a non-randy Gardener!!  I would separate him and get a wife for him ASAP even if its a bog standard one until you find an African one for him!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 05:50:32 pm »
Yeah, let him pick on someone his own size!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS