Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: TV - Sixteen and counting.  (Read 6274 times)

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
Re: TV - Sixteen and counting.
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 06:42:38 pm »
That is [/size]exactly[/color] my life, I had 3 girls all sections, but my husband told me to get sterilised then when I had he commented he could have a boy in the future but I could not!!! [/font][/color][/size]the only boy I had turned out to be my husband

Thank God you got rid of him!!
[/color]

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 06:44:48 pm »
I was so  upset when he said that, it was worse when a good friend had 3 girls then had a boy, he was over the moon for them and made that comment again, he has a lovely women now and thankfuly they have no plans for any children!!! thats horrid of me but I would get mad if  he did

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 06:45:35 pm »
Oh my, Plums  :( Us girls go through so much   >:(  guys just dont realise sometimes  >:(

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 06:49:33 pm »
I was so  upset when he said that, it was worse when a good friend had 3 girls then had a boy, he was over the moon for them and made that comment again, he has a lovely women now and thankfuly they have no plans for any children!!! thats horrid of me but I would get mad if  he did

I think the term 'tosser' just seems to apply to some blokes  :roflanim:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 06:53:34 pm »
errrr pass, I think one of the families had 16, they were very lovely and were bakers, obviousely not master bakers :innocent: :innocent:  sorry :-[

;D ;D ;D

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 06:56:35 pm »
hahahaha Just realised what Sandy has written  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 06:58:11 pm »
Very very funny!!  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 07:03:24 pm »
 :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 09:52:51 pm »
I always wanted at least 4, preferably 6 children but I have difficult pregnancies so after number three (a girl and two boys) my ex insisted on being steralised.  He didn't want any more  - found the ones we had interfered with him doing what he wanted.  Then I married my lovely OH and gained a second daughter.  Even better she had already left home.   :innocent:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 10:06:55 pm »
People do not always understand, I worked with a male social worker who used to say to the women in bad relationships, " why are you still with him?", its also the women that gets the blame when/if she does leave :(
My husband would not use contraceptives as it was "bad" for him, I reacted badly to the pill and the coil was hard to sort out due to very bad internal scarring so, I was forced into somethng that I was quite sad about, I may not have had any more children but having that choice made for me was not nice at all :bouquet:

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 10:22:10 pm »
 :hug:

Clarebelle

• Joined Jan 2013
  • Orkney
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 07:43:06 am »
That is very sad Sandy.  :hug:

I was absolutely sure I was done having children after number 3 so I *asked* my OH to have a vasectomey. I said very nicely that if he would like to have sex again he would have to have the chop!  :-J

Pregnancy and birth is a major undertaking for any woman and so I felt it only fair he should have to have the op afterwards! when the kids are all at school I plan to donate some eggs.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 07:48:22 am »
I think it is nice that people have large families but TBH once you get above about 6 or 7 then realistically some of the children are being relied upon very heavily as unpaid carers for the rest. Which I think is a denial of their own right to a childhood. So I think there is a limit of about half a dozen before it becomes unfair on the children. Even if they 'claim' to enjoy doing it, they havent known anything else to compare it with.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 08:01:33 am »
I agree with you Lachlanandmarcus, its taking away their childhood by expecting them to care for younger siblings. My 11 year old might be asked to make the 6 year old a drink or help with her reading homework once in a while but very rarely, we find that Milli does actually choose to care for the 'baby' of the family though and that's fine eg holding her hand if we are walking uphill etc, I think that's kind of sweet  ;)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 09:06:24 am »
I'm with the Chinese on this, 1 is enough, mind I've got two so that scuppers that argument..

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS