Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hello there  (Read 3105 times)

BB

• Joined May 2012
hello there
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:51:57 pm »
A friend pointed me this way and thought I'd stop by and say hello  :wave:

Not really and smallholder myself.........more like a farmers son whose been cast out into the concrete desert.......but I be still having a bit of land though  ;)

I pass myself off as a general builder to keep the wolves from the door and teach traditional woodland crafts to kids that have been abandoned by the education system.....and pretty much every other system.......if I'm the safety net then gawd help 'em  :-\

Anyway.....looking forward to getting to know you all and hope I can be of some little help from time to time and that i don't upset to many inbetween.  :o

Can anyone point me in the direction of the stupid question section........

Bangbang

Re: hello there
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:16:01 pm »
Hi BB :wave:
Big Welcome from Aberdeenshire...stupid question section tends to float around
a bit, maybe try the coofee lounge ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:17:42 pm »
Hello BB, I am sure your background and skills will be most appreciated here  :wave:

No stupid questions here, only the ones we didn't ask. ;)

Hopefully the forum sections are self-explanatory, but don't worry, if you do happen to post a question in the wrong place, someone will ask Dan to move it for you. :)

Some of us had grumpy days, some of us are a little sensitive, some of us a little abrasive... but we're a pretty good bunch, on the whole, and without exception mean well and try to be helpful.  So long as that's true of you, too, you'll find yourself amongst friends here. :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 06:41:23 pm »
Hello BB,

welcome from Worcestershire  :wave:

sounds like you are doing an amazing and very worthwhile job there. Hope you enjoy your time on TAS, there are some lovely people - I think Sallyintnorth has hit the nail on the head with her descriptions! (I probably fall in 'sensitive'?! haha)

LIsa
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:38:39 pm »
Hi and welcome from Powys  :wave:

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 08:35:06 pm »
Hello there BB

Welcome from a beautifully sunny Somerset.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 08:57:52 pm »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

Where are you based, BB?

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 09:55:25 pm »
hi from sunny and too hot derbyshire...... (i know its only a few days but fed up with it ) :o

deepinthewoods

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 10:02:34 pm »
hi from cornwall :thumbsup:  the more safety nets like yourself the better in my book, good stuff.

BB

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 10:40:50 pm »
Thanks for the welcome everyone.....forgot to say, I'm living in the Cotswolds but was born and raised in south Somerset. Still rooted there as thats where my land is and where I'll no doubt return.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:39:56 pm »
 :wave:   HI and welcome from sunny Shropshire.

Bert

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Isle of Mull
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 07:07:13 am »
Hi from the Isle of Mull  :wave:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 09:29:21 am »
Depending on whereabouts in the Cotswolds you are, you might be quite near us! We are near Offenham/Evesham but my old Daddy lives in Long Compton so one way or another we get to spend lots of time surrounded by the gorgeous countryside and views  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 12:39:14 pm »

Some of us had grumpy days, some of us are a little sensitive, some of us a little abrasive... but we're a pretty good bunch, on the whole, and without exception mean well and try to be helpful.  So long as that's true of you, too, you'll find yourself amongst friends here. :)

Well i think thats me pretty much covered  :)  Hi from North Yorkshire, hazy sunshine but no lazy day to be had!
mandy  :pig:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 12:43:46 pm »
Hello  :wave: and welcome from a lovely sunny Durham

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS