Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Finally registered  (Read 5076 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Finally registered
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:44:03 am »
So finally had time to register this morning - hello from a sunny north east of scotland - finally the snow has gone after that horrid couple of days but it is cold. I've been reading the forum for ages and looking forward to contributing.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Finally registered
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 08:56:13 am »
Hello and welcome from a very cold, but dry Fife.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 09:08:30 am »
Welcome from an Aberdeenshire ex pat now living in Clackmannan.  Furryboots ur ye ;D  Hope you enjoy the forum, look forward to hearing more about you. If I don't ask someone else will, nosey beggars that they are ;) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 09:16:21 am »
Well, used to live in Meikleour, Perthshire - sold up for more space and after a long search ended up outside Maud near Mintlaw - wee 5 acre plot with 3 stone walls which after 2 years of my husband toil, etc is now a cute wee cottage - I'm a wanabie 'something', have 7 pygmy goats, 28 call ducks, 2 birds of prey, 2 cats and 3 dogs - and desperately looking for some orphan ewe lambs
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 09:24:54 am »
Hello and welcome from me in South Lanarkshire  :wave:
I lived in Ellon and Fyvie area for a few years before moving back home - miss the lack of midgies up there  ;)
Hope you manage to get your lambs, maybe worth asking some local farmers ?
Look forward to hearing more from you,
Karen x

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:04:22 am »
Hi and welcome!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 10:10:46 am »
Should have guessed where you were from your user name.  I've often trained my dogs on that estate. There's a lot of farms round there, I'm sure you'll get soem orphan lambs soon.  Say hello to George at the Fishery if you see him!  Just say it was the lady with the tiny Brittany pup that scared all his peacocks up onto the roof.  She was 3 months old at the time, and had a bad heart  ;)- 1994 I think!  Andrew has KuneKune pigs if you fancy any of them. My pal and I were going to breed them when he offered us a couple after a shoot one day, but somehow other things got in the way.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 10:14:38 am »
Hi Karen - great to meet people - I work from home and have no transport until evening and weekends so this is my little world. Ahh 'the midge' I have seen a couple in the last 2 years but the force 10 gales soon always cleares them away!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 10:18:36 am »
Hi doganjo - I went to see Andrews pigs a couple of months ago (sheep was first on the list, then I considered pigs but now back to sheep for certain) and beleive it or not I met George about 10 days ago through someone else - small world - it's the old thing whatever I'm looking for seems difficult to find when I'm looking!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 10:27:17 am »
Small world indeed - My first husband and I used to go to gundog training classes with out two older Brittanys(Charlie and Jim, I think the trainers were called), and we did our water work at the fishery.  Button had a heart disease when she was born so we kept her.  We had no idea she'd be able to shift those big birds, but she did!  Don't think George was too pleased! ;D ;D

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 10:36:54 am »

Hi and welcome from the sunny Scottish Borders, Hope you find your lambs soon.
Anne

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 02:40:16 pm »
hello and welcome from Derbyshire
Little Blue

SLI

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 03:02:30 pm »
Hi There. :wave:
I'm a Newbie too - yesterday. Pleased I've found such a friendly helpful site. :chook:
Sue in Norfolk

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 11:40:48 pm »
Hello from the Peak District in Derbyshire!!

I have a lot of goats - 20 something in fact.  8 of them are pygmy goats.  Have 10 ponies, (Dales and Fell) lots of free range chickens, sheep, a few cattle, 20 something farm cats, and 5 outside dogs too.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 02:38:37 pm »
Hi Brucklay,

My best friend lives at Meikleour where they have a couple of dairy goats- not sure if you came across them at all. Nice website you have, I notice you know Carolyn Oldman and Pat Bell. I have sold some Anglo-Nubian dairy goats to Pat over the past few years, and I have met Carolyn at a few shows.

We're in the Central belt- Falkirk area and we currently have 20 dairy goats, with still 3 to kid. I might send you a pm, because i think I heard of someone looking for pygmies for sale....

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS