Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Time for a Toby update, Buffy  (Read 8871 times)

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Time for a Toby update, Buffy
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:29 pm »
He looks a little miffed, but quite chilled out.  I bet he can't wait for things to be back to normal.  :)

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 07:58:24 am »
Just to let you know that Toby now gets to play out a couple of times a day and seems to be doing well. He still limps a little ( but I limped for about a year when I tore my ligaments )

He can run, jump, climb and hunt but he is being very sensible. And often takes himself off to the workshop where he is developing plans to modify one of the engines to run on the remaind of small dead animals. Unfortunatly this is tiring work and often results in him falling asleep instead.

He is happy to come back in the house after an hour or so of playing out. And sitting on the window sill or watching the newly hatched chicks have developed into popular pastimes.

Fighting with his mum, snoozing in the chair and being terrified of visiting strangers seem to fill the remaining hours.

Thank you all for your interest in his progress,

Buffy  :cat:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 09:02:34 am »
I'm so glad he's getting back into a proper feline routine  ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 09:38:31 am »
the limp just adds to his character & I'm sure he'll be tellling tales of the perils he went through to acquire it!
Little Blue

Buffy the eggs layer

• Joined Jun 2010
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 10:07:48 am »
Hi,

I just thought that I would let you know that Toby is now back to leading a normal life. He is enjoying his freedom and takes the responsibility of of menacing small animals and birds ( including the chicks) very seriously.

He devotes a disproportionate amount of time to persecuting pigeons and this involves a great deal of tree climbing and dangling precariously from weak branches. As a result he limps a little sometimes ::)

The vet recons that there may be some inflammation around his hip joint and that if necessary he can be medicated with anti inflammatory and pain relief.

There is however no treatment available for his latest bout of Jubolimpic fever ::) Convinced that he is of a royal blood line and inspired by the achievements of local paralimpic athletes he is keen to play a key role in the 2012 events.

He is adamant that a recent phone call from a heavy breather was actually an out of breath Seb Coe (Lord Coe that is) who was calling to invite him to be part of the opening ceremony in London but who ran out of breath ( and phone credit) before he could issue the invitation.

As a result he has been practicing his inspirational speech, drawing on his own experience of overcoming adversity and using the bird bath as a podium.

As usual I am trying my best to manage his expectations without bursting his bubble. Though how I will convince him that the invitation from the queen that he thinks has got lost in the post has never actually been sent.... :-\

Buffy

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 10:15:30 am »
Glad he is doing well.
I think he has a bit of Narcisus about him, looking loveingly (is that how you spell it?) at his own reflection in the water  ;D ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 11:35:54 am »
Glad he is doing well.
I think he has a bit of Narcisus about him, looking loveingly (is that how you spell it?) at his own reflection in the water  ;D ;D
That's an appealing idea, but I think that actually he is using the mirror effect to spy on pigeons which, since he is not looking at them, cannot see him.   :D 

(I used to have a wee black kitten who, like a child hiding just its head behind the curtains, was convinced he was hidden from danger if his head was buried in my hair.  ::))
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS