Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What breeds to you have?  (Read 23351 times)

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
Re: What breeds to you have?
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2010, 05:17:09 am »
I think we need a horse driving section. ;D

Pony-n-trap

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2010, 10:05:50 am »
I second that Lazybee, maybe we could have a section for working horses and driving horses?

I work at the Carriage Driving Centre near me, we do weddings, driving for the disabled, lessons, kids parties, carriage hires for the hotel nearby, carriages drives for older members of our community to 'bring back memories', we collect Father Christmas to take him to the grotto because 'the Reindeer struggle when the snow runs out!' I love it, its great!

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2010, 02:04:18 pm »
My love is the Gypsy Cob .. I have one called Arthur (aka the Moose) He is a ride and drive and last year I got him a 6 seater wagonette unfortunately he had a bit of a bad experience involving a motorbike so we are having to rebuild his confidence

here is my boy

Sam

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2010, 02:44:15 pm »
He's lovely - fabulous mane!

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2010, 02:47:28 pm »
Love the "tash" ;D

Samantha

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Bristol
    • Merry Meet
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2010, 08:04:00 pm »
hehe thanks .. he is such a character and gives the best kisses when asked .. the pic was taken just after I took his main out of plats so it got the lovely wavey look ... his mane and tail are sooooo long but he looks stunning with it (i'm bias) lol

Sam

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2010, 03:58:48 pm »
Gorgeous isn't he?  I am smiliing at the tash.  One of my Dales has one, but not very becoming on a mare!!

carrie

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 07:55:28 pm »
We have a thoroughbred who never raced. Actually, he's 8 now, and has  done bug..r all, cept eat.
Also have a irish sports horse who does very little too!

SuzyJ

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Bulgaria
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2010, 10:00:25 am »
At the moment we have 2 Bulgarian ponies a 13.3hh palomino and 14.2hh bay mare, no pedigrees but both completely different. One is supposed to be from russian stock. Both drive, although the palomino mare is most definitely better and I did back the bay mare last year then turned her away and still not got round to doing anything with her :(

Also a sweet looking but rather devious donkey named Maggie who is nothing more than a pet these days but is broken to drive. She's currently doing lawnmower duties as our strimmers were stolen last week.

Before we moved to Bulgaria we had a trotter x native. An arab x hackney (who was a right tw*t), a Friesian x TB and a welsh section B who is still competing at age 30! We made the decision to sell up rather than transport them 2500 miles and I still miss my friesian x tb dreadfully. He was my perfect horse. We'd owned 3 of them from foals and had the welshy for 10 years.

Must admit I prefer cob types although I've ridden most things. Cobs always make me feel more secure.
British Expat trying to live a better life in Bulgaria

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:26 pm »
Heres my 2

17yo IDxTB hunter gelding, who we've had since he was 6

7yo Haflinger mare, who we've had since she was an unbroken 3yo filly

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2010, 10:05:58 pm »
hi i have a dales friesian cross mare she is my world, and a mini shet gelding he is a cheeky 2yr old, a mini shet mare who is the calm one of the bunch and her 5 month old filly foal

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010, 11:51:49 pm »
I bet the Dales Friesian mare is nice.  I was tempted at one time to have a Friesian horse for driving, but have kept with the Dales.

Hardfeather

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2010, 09:38:45 am »

This is my 4yr old half-bred Friesian. Home-bred out of my own piebald mare, he's 15hh.

This is his dam. 12yr old, by Artistic Image (Fiona Stewart's stallion). She's 14.2hh.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:46:11 am by AengusOg »

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010, 12:18:14 pm »
Wow!!  Lovely horses.  After my Dales and Fells, I do have a liking for coloureds.

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2010, 11:08:46 pm »
Hello, I have a Sec A mare called Cloud, IDxTB mare (April - in my pic at the side), and my newest addition a Highland gelding called Joseph.

Hello from HPC's Joseph AengusOg  :wave:

Will put Cloud and Joe's pics on in a day or so, I'm on the laptop, can't do it from here.

There are a lot of beautiful horses and ponies on here!
Lynn :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS