Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: GOOSE EGGS  (Read 4029 times)

liz999

• Joined Oct 2008
  • N. IRELAND
GOOSE EGGS
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:52:01 pm »
I OWN 1 GOOSE AND 2 GANDERS, SHE HAS NOW LAID 5 EGGS OVER THE LAST 12 DAYS, HOW LONG BEFORE SHE WILL SIT ON THEM?
LIZ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: GOOSE EGGS
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:17:35 pm »
I'm not sure but I think all eggs are the same - so long as they haven't ever been warmed up by being sat on, they can safely be left up to 3 weeks.  She may go on them now there are a few.  Rosemary or Chicken lady may be able tell you better, but we had wild pheasant eggs in the garden that were left that long then all 13 hatched out. And you need to get more females - that's gang rape :-)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

liz999

• Joined Oct 2008
  • N. IRELAND
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:15:18 pm »
 :o THANK YOU CAN FIND NOTHING ON THE NET ABOUT THIS SUJECT ONLY HOW LONG THEY INCUBATE,
ONE OF THE BOYS IS THE GIRLS BROTHER SO HE NEEDS A MATE TOO! BUT HARD TO COME BY OVER HERE IN iRELAND AT THE MOMENT.

I HAVE 3 IN AN INCUBATOR FROM 16TH OCT SO HOPEFULLY WILL GET GOOSLINGS FROM THEM.

:hshoe:
LIZ

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 07:45:52 pm »
So, gang rape and incest. Interesting!

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 09:36:26 pm »
We had a mallard duck in uk that laid in our garden, and over a three week period she laid 15 eggs. She decided when to sit and they all hatched out at the same time.

Actually, it is strange that at a time when the hens are giving up, the geese are now laying.  My goose has laid three eggs over the past week.  She hasn't laid for me in a year, so there must be something in the air!

Kate  :-\
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 07:15:02 am »
Kate was it perhaps the boxes of Paxo you nailed to her goose house?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS