Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Virgin birth!  (Read 7702 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Virgin birth!
« on: December 24, 2010, 08:59:54 am »
So seasonal  ;D My chum, Rebecca's, sister bought some piglets this year including a Kune Kune gilt. The gilt was 3 months old. Elizabeth has no boar. Lat night, the Kune started to farrow. She's had 6 piglets; two were born dead, the gilt killed a third and three are surviving. The age of miracles is not past!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Virgin birth!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 10:23:44 am »
So seasonal  ;D My chum, Rebecca's, sister bought some piglets this year including a Kune Kune gilt. The gilt was 3 months old. Elizabeth has no boar. Lat night, the Kune started to farrow. She's had 6 piglets; two were born dead, the gilt killed a third and three are surviving. The age of miracles is not past!
OK we all know virgin birth not possible so what is the logical explanation for this?  There are such animals that are dual sexed - is this the case here?  And was that also the case all those years ago in Bethlehem?  Puts a different slant on the whole world I think.  Was Mary a freak of nature?  Or perhaps a different species from most of mankind?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 11:00:47 am »
VERY bizarre  ??? But nice at the same time  ;D
I'm assuming they've had the gilt for more than 4 months, so can rule out being in-pig before they bought her ? Was she definately only 3 months old when bought and how old is she now ? Is it possible that a neighbour has a roaming boar that made a visit and left again before anyone saw him ? I'm open minded, but there's got to be a reasonable explaination - surely ?  :-\

oink

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 11:17:25 am »
I've got to be honest, I never expected the second coming to be a pig but which of the three is the messiah?

robert waddell

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 11:23:09 am »

when we had cattle we ONCE had an 11month pregnancy no bull on farm we worked with AI
iwould go with being in pig when purchased but without full details and dates who knows
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:25:27 am by lillian waddell »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 03:02:31 pm »
Yes, I reckon she was in pig when they bought her too. Nice story though. Hope the surviving piglets do well. :pig: ;D

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 03:02:52 pm »
I've got to be honest, I never expected the second coming to be a pig but which of the three is the messiah?

;D ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 06:05:22 pm »
Wow wonderful. 

princesspiggy

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 06:51:31 pm »
my vet said ponies and cows can become pregnant as early as 3 mths although rare. happened to a farmer friend of mine - his cow needed a caesar at 12 mths old (he'd bought it as calf without knowing itwas preg), and every time after that . id guess the pigs was preggers wen bought. what age are siblings usually separated into same-sex groups? 8 weeks?

robert waddell

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 07:12:36 pm »
thats another reason we castrate the boars thats not good enough for breading saves running two groups

princesspiggy

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 07:22:39 pm »
wot age do u castrate them? is it a vet job?

robert waddell

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 07:34:44 pm »
The vet doing it from birth to 2 weeks old!

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 09:21:46 pm »
Congratulations!
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2011, 07:41:34 pm »

OK we all know virgin birth not possible so what is the logical explanation for this? 

Ah Holy God don't ever tell the Virgin Mary!!

bsadevon

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Plymouth Hooe
    • http://www.pro-skipper.com/
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 07:50:51 pm »
Could be in for a long wait if your expecting wise men bearing gifts....

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS