Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I am addicted .....  (Read 2937 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
I am addicted .....
« on: April 16, 2011, 11:26:37 pm »
to Easter Eggs - the creme egg one to be precise.  They have been on offer for £1 in the supermarket, so I have been having two every week .....managed to just buy one today, but still have one from last week.  Maybe after next week,I can go and buy the leftovers when they are reduced even further!!!!

Easter started weeks ago for me - will be glad when its over and I can wean myself off them :D

I am most fortunate that I can eat the eggs without worrying they will make me put on weight - seems they don';t.  Would not care if they did ....would still have them.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: I am addicted .....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 12:18:17 am »
You are very lucky - I can't even LOOK at one of those without putting on a pound - and I love them too! ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 11:11:52 am »
Enjoy!! I couldn't eat one if you paid me but put a bit of Blue Cheese in front of me and I would eat it all. Same fat content, same calories etc. Whatever floats your boat, as we used to say in the seventies ;)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:06:34 pm »
Oooh, they're Mrs Womble's favourite. Which supermarket Roxy?  :yum:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 01:03:45 pm »
Sainsbury's are doing "buy one get 2 free" on Easter eggs. Don't know what kind though.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 04:04:32 pm »
have you tried the creme egg ice cream - OH YUM!!! its gorgeous! i buy it for the kids but they don't get a look in, oops  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 07:39:22 pm »
I have so far mananged to resist the lure of creme eggs ... but now you've all reminded me, I might just have to go & indulge!  ;D
Little Blue

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 08:12:48 pm »
I've managed to stay away from easter eggs this year but I found a recipe for chocolate pudding that has a chocolate sauce all in one bowl and you whizz it in the micro for 6 minutes and served with ice cream. Needless to say the exercise has had to increase for both me and the horse lately to shed a few extra calories.

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 07:52:42 pm »
a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips...lol

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 08:42:54 pm »
too sickly for me - agree with the blue cheese. Very ripe camembert (running away ripe) would do too. Add so mayonnaise and some brown rolss straight from the oven, a bit of butter. Can't beat it.
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

robert waddell

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 08:50:00 pm »
sausagesandcash     should that not be a moment on your lips  a liftime in your wallet :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS