Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: From New Hampshire USA  (Read 3246 times)

Tweedle

• Joined Jul 2008
  • GMT -5
  • Callender Farms
    • Callender Farms, New Hampshire
From New Hampshire USA
« on: July 31, 2008, 11:52:32 pm »
Hello everyone i'v been reading posts here fro a long time and finally decided it was time to put my 2 cents in. I have a very tiny Lot in New Hampshire USA we raise 4-5 hogs every year for us and family members, aprox 50 cockerle's for the table and have a little flock of 19 Barred Rocks with a roster named Colonel. This year we will be trying to raise our own chicks. We usually get day-olds to raise as a laying flock but as luck would have it this year we got one cockerel in the bunch so i figure it was a sign. Please excuse my very poor spelling in the future as it seems to be a hobby of mine. ;D  We hope to be expanding to bees, sheep, and mini milk cows in the next few years. Here's to happy reading, healthy familys, and tasty critters. 

oh and p.s. We also grow most of the veggies that we eat during the year, and make alot of jam and jelly from the wild berrys on and around our house.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:55:20 pm by Tweedle »
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."  -Winston Churchill-

http://www.callenderfarm.com

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: From New Hampshire USA
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 08:28:08 am »
Hi, Tweedle, and a warm welcome to the TAS forums.

Sounds like a lovely set up you have there - look forward to hearing more. My knowledge of New Hampshire is limited to Bill Bryson's book - but it sounded lovely in that.

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 08:40:33 am »
hey welcome to the forums  :)

Rosey

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Lincolnshire UK
    • UKNaturepics.com
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 12:28:52 pm »
Welcome, they are a very friendly lot on here. I hope you enjoy your visits to the site.

Rainyplace

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 08:58:52 am »
Hi There
A warm welcome to you. These folk are great, there is always someone to help you out. Where abouts in NH ar you, we travel there fairly frequently, a great place.
Jo

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:24:57 am »
Hi and welcome from us in Brittany

Carole

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS